“happy customer” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Beacon

You added The Beacon to your Saves list
The Beacon
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Beacon Court | Sandyford Business District, Dublin 18, Ireland   |
Ranked #21 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
waterford
“happy customer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

most beautiful hotel would totally recommend it.friendly staff . the ambience of the place so nice. was sorry only staying for one night.everything abou this hotel was lovely. free parking lovely breakfast. thank you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Raja K, General Manager at The Beacon, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for your great review.
We are delighted to hear that you had enjoyable stay with us and you enjoyed all the aspects of the Hotel, especially delicious Healthy lifestyle breakfast. Your great comments will be passed to our team. We are really looking forward to welcome you back in near future for another wonderful stay.
Raja Kamran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed in this hotel to celebrate our anniversary, they up graded us upon arrival and Butlers chocolates were left in the room. We loved it. The deal was €65 for a 3 course meal, over night stay and a big breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your great review.
We are delighted to hear that you had enjoyable stay with us and you enjoyed all the aspects of the Hotel, especially quirky décor, food and service. Your great comments will be passed to our team. I am delighted to hear that you got opportunity to try out our ‘Dine Out Stay Out’ package and you found it being great deal, hopefully on your next visit you will get opportunity to taste our delicious cocktails in Crystal Bar. We are really looking forward to welcome you back in near future for another wonderful stay.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a very pleasant overnight stay in the Beacon Boutique Hotel. The staff were extremely courteous and helpful and made us feel very welcome. The Thai food was superb and was accompanied by first class service. Whoever trains the team should take a bow. The bedroom was very spacious and tastfully decorated, and the bed was very comfortable. Only quibble was noise from passing traffic as we were on 2nd floor.

Room Tip: Look for a room on higher floors in order to avoid noise from passing traffic
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
It is lovely to know that you had a fantastic stay with us in The Beacon and you enjoyed our unique Hotel and excellent location and high standard customer service. We really hope that on your next visit you will get opportunity to enjoy our new My Thai menu and taste amazing Cocktails in Crystal Bar.
We are really looking forward welcoming you back in The Beacon Hotel
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very helpful and friendly staff, superb rooms, great food with excellent service. While not ideally located for those visiting Dublin for a short stay, if you have need to be on the southside of Dublin, there's no better option. Will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great comments.
I am delighted to hear that your stay with us was perfect and you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel.
We are really looking forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful stay in The Beacon.
Lairg, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Arrived early a pleasant man (sorry never noted your name) on reception said although we could not check in yet we were free to leave our car in the hotel car park whilst we went into Dublin for the day.
To describe the hotel as a short stroll from the Luas Tram stop would be more accurate for young people or those with a reasonable level of fitness in reality it took my mother thirty minutes to walk there.
On returning to the hotel in the early evening it was more like a nightclub in the bar, reception, restaurant area. The music was that loud that I could barely hear what the woman on reception was saying to me and I have very good hearing.
I asked if the hotel had a quiet bar area only to be told they were not that kind of hotel I wish they could have pointed this out on the many hotel booking sites that they appear on as I was holidaying with my parents and I could have booked something more appropriate.
Now I like to party but the thought of trying to eat my dinner with a thumping bass and banging tunes seems alien to me so I did not eat at the hotel restaurant opting to walk to the only other restaurant in the immediate area.
Continental breakfast at the hotel was good with a wide array of cereals, fruit, meat, cheese etc however we were completely ignored by the waiting staff when it came to ordering a cooked breakfast which we had paid for in advance, my wife finally got the attention of a waiter and her and my parents ordered and I asked only for some more coffee which eventually came about fifteen minutes later after asking for a second time.
It was a Friday night we stayed and so it may be a more pleasant experience for non-party goers through the week and although we were given rooms away from the courtyard so as to be quieter both my parents and myself could hear the music and the noise of revellers returning late. If you like thumping dance music then this is the place for you if you want a good night sleep (that's what I usually expect from a hotel) then this hotel is definately not for you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
It is equally disappointing for us to read that you were not happy with your experience at The Beacon.
Please accept our sincere apologies that we did not meet your 4 star expectations, and your feedback will be discussed across the departments as we obviously let ourselves down in terms of poor service and lack of attention to detail in several areas during your stay. I am sorry if we were not aware of such disappointment during your stay as I would have been pleased to investigate and meet with you at that time. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves by visiting us again and please contact me direct so that I may discuss your feedback in more detail and personally oversee a return visit.
Kind Regards
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Even though we did not planed to stay in thsi hotel we are very happy we chose this hotel for our stay.
it was our first visit to Ireland and during our 2 week trip we stayed in good few hotel however we rate this htel as the very best of them all. The design of the hotel and rooms were very impressive and Thai food was just what we needed on the day. Diana was super patient and helpfull with our questions and requirements and so was everyone at the restaurant.
Merci beaucoup to you all

Room Tip: go for a King Suite
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
What a great review
It’s always our intention to exceed our Guest’s expectations so your great comments really are a Treat for us.
I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of the Hotel especially gracious welcome provided by Diana at reception. It is great to hear that you got opportunity to enjoy our delicious meals in My Thai and hopefully on your next visit you will get opportunity to try our amazing cocktails in Crystal Bar.
We look forward to welcoming you back for another exceptional experience and please let us know when your reservation is in place
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have been staying in the Beacon, for works purposes, over the past two years. During that time the Hotel has been very consistent when it comes to Service and comfort.

The staff are very friendly and i have found them to be proactive in finding ways to provide a better Service. For example when I had to leave the hotel prior to Brakfast Service commencing at 7am the staff would have a packed lunch available.

The Thai restaurant serves superb food and with a very varied menu. Service is of a high standard as well and i feel the pace of service is spot on.

Finally the accomodation is very comfortable with plenty of space both in the bedroom and bathroom.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
It’s lovely to know that you have become a regular guest at The Beacon and that you enjoy so many aspects of the hotel, including My Thai with its delicious Thai food menu. We also have a great bar team in Crystal Bar where they love to create new or traditional cocktails with a twist. We are really looking forward welcoming you back in The Beacon Hotel in near future.
Raja Kamran

Been to The Beacon? Share your experiences!