“top of the class” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Beacon

You added The Beacon to your Saves list
The Beacon
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Beacon Court | Sandyford Business District, Dublin 18, Ireland   |
Ranked #21 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cork, Ireland
“top of the class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was impressed by this hotel from the minute I arrived
the décor is superb very well layed out lobby, the room was first class very comfortable and clean
the service in the bar was excellent and the spicy curry was superb
great carpark well layed out
would certainly use this hotel again
the only thing I didn't like was all the lace curtains in the bar area (overkill)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Raja K, General Manager at The Beacon, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
what a fantastic review.
We love great comments and we are very pleased that we got opportunity to make your stay such a great experience. It is great to hear that you enjoyed most elements of the Hotel especially service provided during your stay, our luxury décor and delicious My Thai food, your kind comments are passed to the team. We are so looking forward to welcome you back for another great experience in The Beacon Hotel.
Raja Kamran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Newry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

LOVED THIS HOTEL !we stayed for a 30th birthday celebration got the dundrum shoping experience which is amazing value.from style decor,staff,cocktails,funky tunes,delicious food,amazing rooms & bathrooms it has everything really high standard close to everything nothing is too much trouble to organize cant wait to return really fantastic value for money

Room Tip: ask for a balcony or a fan no A/C
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your amazing review and for giving us such a high recommendation. We are delighted that you enjoy so many elements about The Beacon. We are passionate about creating authentic and original guest experiences, both in terms of service and design and really appreciate hearing that our team has helped go the extra mile. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Beacon Hotel. Please let me know when you have a reservation in place so that I may personally oversee your stay.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Beautiful hotel with excellent service!
Stayed there during the weekend with my partner and fall in love with overall atmosphere of this place. The room was gorgeous, food was simply amazing and staff was so friendly and helpful. Not to mention great location for those looking to shop in Dundrum shopping centre. What else do you need on your getaway weekend.
The girl at reception (Diane) was very pleasant and helpful which made our stay even more pleasant.
We will be back and highly recommend to visit this hotel to all. Its simply amazing!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
What a great review.
It is lovely to know that you had a fantastic stay with us in The Beacon and you enjoyed our funky Hotel décor . We are also delighted to hear that you were happy with our service in The Hotel in particular provided by Diana, your great comments are much appreciated and will be passed on to the Team .we hope you will get opportunity to try out our ‘ Dine Out, Stay Out’ package on your next visit. We are looking forward welcoming you back in The Beacon Hotel.
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Nice hotel located in a business & residential area. Really eclectic decor, certainly not the usual, which makes for a pleasant change. Room was fine, although light switch for the bathroom was oddly placed around a corner. Breakfast was quite good, with very good service. Short walk to a number of the Luas stations, so easy to get into Dublin centre or the Dundrum shopping centre. Area around the hotel is a bit sterile. Had to leave my window open to allow air through (was one of the hottest weeks ever in Dublin apparently) & the traffic noise was quite bad.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review.
We are delighted to hear that you had enjoyable stay with us and you enjoyed all the aspects of the Hotel, especially quirky décor, food and service. Your great comments will be passed to our team. We are really looking forward to welcome you back in near future for another wonderful stay.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is my second visit and cordial expression for Beacon hotel and helpful staff that works there. Restaurant and Bar offers great cuisine and drinks which will satisfy selective taste audience, overall well rated value for money place.

ps: Sincere thanks to Diana and the rest of the team, looking forward to see you again.

Raja K, General Manager at The Beacon, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
We are much honored that you have taken the time to write a review and thank you so much for the wonderful comments on service. We are dedicated to an authentic and attentive level of service and we are delighted that Diana demonstrated our core values so fully to ensure your stay at The Beacon went smoothly. We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful experience.
Barcelona, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Having stayed here on several occasions I can honestly say this place has gone down hill at rapid speed !!!! I checked into a deluxe room or contemporary as the hotel now like to call it the first thing that I noticed was the disgusting carpet littered with drink spills which have stained the carpet some of which were sticky the walls were also littered with marks and splash stains. When I contacted reception they said the hotel was full but I could speak to the manager if I wished I said I would appreciate that if possible I'm still waiting on there call !!!!!!! I tried to brush the disgusting room aside so I went to the bar area to relax while waiting on the managers call I sat for 35mins while no body turned up to serve me while there I spoke to another couple who were also waiting for a considerable time so we all left without being served and headed on the luas to Dundrum for food and drinks.... I decided not to have breakfast here as service the day before was obviously on holiday !!!! Check out also seemed to be a problem with no one available on the reception desk so I used express check out as there was no body on the desk I had to pay for the car park as I was unable to get my ticket verified.
No air conditioning available at this hotel so be ready for oven temps...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The Beacon Sandyford is an exceptional venue for Business meetings. The meeting rooms are very spacious, luxurious and professional environments. Boasting large board room style glass tables, accompanied by comfortable yet suitable chairs.

The amenities for our meeting were top shelf, Java tea and coffee, large plasma screen, which works perfectly with our laptops and iPads for presentations.

The staff were most helpful with specific requests and in general were a pleasure to deal with.

As a Business venue (Which is my only experience to date with them) i would award them 5/5.

I would definitely consider staying in the hotel after my business experience with them.

Raja K, General Manager at The Beacon, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Lorcan, thank you for your detailed review.
Im delighted to hear that you enjoyed all the services provided in the Hotel during your meeting and overall décor .
We have also 4 meeting rooms where We have taken a fresh approach to the design of our meeting suites and boardrooms by moving away from traditional heavy dark wooden interiors. Bright and airy with glass top boardroom tables and comfortable leather seating combine to set the tone for a productive meeting or gathering
If you would like to get more information please contact Nicola on email :meetings@thebeacon.com
We are really looking forward to welcome you back in The Beacon Hotel in near future.
Raja Kamran

Been to The Beacon? Share your experiences!