“My Thai Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“My Thai Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Last week with couple of friend went to My Thai Restaurant in Beacon hotel. I'm not a big fan of Thai food, but after dinner I changed my opinion about Thai cosine. We been nicely greeted by waiter Vijay whom was very nice, pleasant and professional to us all night long. He helped us with the menu and wine.Thank you Vijay.
For starters I had grilled shrimp it was mouth watering most delicious starter that I have ever had. For main course I had breast of duck that was superb all I can say you have try it yourself. I finished my dinner with beautifully presented cheesecake.
Presentation of food, service and restaurant all together perfect place to enjoy good food and have great time with your friends. I would recommend My Thai Restaurant as great place to dine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Raja K, General Manager at The Beacon, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Eugene S,
Thank you for your great review.
We are delighted to hear that you had enjoyable dinner in My Thai and you enjoyed all the aspects of the Hotel, especially service and food. Your great comments will be passed to our team. We are really looking forward to welcome you back in near future for another wonderful dining experience.
Raja Kamran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I live less then a mile from this hotel and while having lunch there in early December I heard about the Dine Out Stay Out deal. We usually go out for a meal on a weekend night so I booked my wife and myself in for last Friday night and got a babysitter to look after the kids. We stayed in a very modern clean and spacious room, had a fantastic meal, a lie in on Saturday morning followed by a great breakfast....all for €140 plus the cost of an extra bottle of wine and a few beers!! That’s what it would normally cost me for a dinner out and a taxi home in Dublin city! We arrived home on Saturday afternoon very chilled and relaxed. The long journey home took 5 minutes! The staff are very attentive, the bar is very modern and the whole place is very funky.... I'll most definitely use this again. P.S the Monkfish Tempura was the best I’ve ever had.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
What a great review.
We love great comments and we are very pleased that we got opportunity to make your stay such a great experience. It is great to hear that you enjoyed most elements of the Hotel especially service provided during your stay, our luxury décor and delicious My Thai food, your kind comments are passed to the team. Im delighted to hear that you got opportunity to try out our amazing Dine out Stay out package and found it being a great deal. On your next visit you can try our fantastic cocktails in Crystal bar.
We are so looking forward to welcome you back for another great experience in The Beacon Hotel.
Newton Mearns, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have been meaning to write a review of this hotel for a while having stayed there a number of times in the last 18 months. It is excellent value for money, with fantastic rooms, very spacious and well kept. The bar and restaurant are also both of a very high quality. I appreciate this is little out of the city but if you need somewhere to stay in this location I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
It’s lovely to know that you have become a regular guest at The Beacon and that you enjoy so many aspects of the hotel, including My Thai with its delicious Thai food menu. We also have a great bar team in Crystal Bar where they love to create new or traditional cocktails with a twist. All your kind comments are passed to our Team. We are really looking forward welcoming you back in The Beacon Hotel in near future.
Trim, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is a lovely funky hotel. When you enter the lobby there's a four poster bed in the centre and the centre of the bed is actually a table so you can sit with friends and have a relaxing cocktail. The hotel is a 7 min taxi ride from the Dundrum town centre.Be warned that if you fancy a late drink in the hotel that there isn't a residents bar. Another BIG warning if you are using the hotel car park. The hotel and the Beacon hospital share the same carpark and you need to ensure that if your staying at the hotel that you park in the hotel spaces as if you make a mistake and park in the hospital section you will be charged €20 for an overnight stay. The hotel can do nothing about this and you need to really ensure you are in the correct carpark space.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our stylish décor of the Hotel, as well as location.
On your next visit you can try our fantastic ‘Dine out Stay Out ‘offer which includes overnight stay, healthy lifestyle breakfast and amazing dinner in MyThai. We are also offering free parking to our guests.
Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

this hotel is super when my partner and i need a break away where we can just chill out and be together!!!
the hotel is so close to the dundrum shopping centre that its a great girls retreat too!
to be honest the baths are my favourite part of the hotel, they are massive and soo deep i just adore it!!
the restaurant is UNREAL i got the soft shell crab tempura as a starter and it was homestly the best thing i have ever tasted!!!!

Room Tip: always go for the king
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Raja K, General Manager at The Beacon, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Wow, what a fantastic review.
We love great comments and we are very pleased that we got opportunity to make your stay such a great experience. It is great to hear that you enjoyed most elements of the Hotel especially service provided during your stay, our luxury décor, delicious My Thai food and amazing Bathtubs, your kind comments are passed to the team. On your next visit you can try our fantastic ‘Dine out Stay Out ‘offer which includes overnight stay, healthy lifestyle breakfast and amazing dinner in My Thai.
Wicklow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I recently stayed here on the hotels special offer package on the Leopardstown races. We got a warm welcome from Linda on reception who had our transfers ready for us as soon as we were ready. It was a great offer they were doing which included tickets for the races, transfers and B+B. We had dinner in the bar which was delicious and had us wanting more! I also love the seating areas around the reception and bar. The room was very spacious and very comfortable with a nice modern theme. I could not fault this hotel in any way, it has brilliant staff and i cannot wait to return!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
We’re so delighted that you had a chance to experience amazing stay in The Beacon Hotel and we really appreciate your detailed review and great comments. Thank you for highlighting all the elements that contribute to making a stay at The Beacon such a special experience, from the amazing décor to the delicious dinner. We are also located within short distance from the Dundrum shopping centre and Leopardstown. We very much look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful experience.
ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on New Years Eve.we really enjoyed!we booked King delux room,which is very nice!when I saw a bathroom I was very impressed!Room was very clean.Staff was very friendly l!Reseption girl(sorry,dont remember the name)was very kind and .helpful.I would recommend for all my friends and definitely would come back!Food in the restorant was good .breakfast was excellent Full Irish breakfast,whith plenty of juice and fresh fruit!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review and for recommending us to your friends
We are delighted to hear that you had enjoyable stay with us and you enjoyed all the aspects of the Hotel, especially quirky décor, food and service. Your great comments will be passed to our team.
It is great to hear that you enjoyed out Healthy lifestyle breakfast option which also includes fresh smoothie’s large variety of fruits and all other food you will need for healthy start of the day.
We are so looking forward to welcome you back for another wonderful stay.
Raja Kamran

Been to The Beacon? Share your experiences!