“A must-go!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oliver St. John Gogarty's Pub

Oliver St. John Gogarty's Pub
58 / 59 Fleet Street | Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Ireland (South City Centre)
353 1 6711 822
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
9 attraction reviews
“A must-go!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Though we went to dublin during a not-so-touristical winter and places were not very busy, we really enjoyed how, at oliver st john, they try to keep things festive and agitated. The pub is great! Great music! Great food and beer, and amazing irish dances! This os definitely a must-go!

Visited November 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Avoid this bar the staff are rude, the foods awful which doesn't help when you find the staff eating off your plate with their f”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We were in Dublin for a week. We chose to have a meal at this bar one evening. The staff took a long time to see to us. Eventually after ordering me and my partner we're shocked to see the bar man also the owner picking at customers food before he served it. The already small expensive portions were being made smaller by he's fingers. We then watched him begin to pick he's nose with the same fingers. I ordered the burger with chips the portions were tiny. The burger was awful full of grease and under cooked. The drinks were well over priced. I would never enter this bar again. The VAT bar on the same street was spot on!!!

Chicago, Illinois
23 attraction reviews
“Favorite Dublin Pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We were in Dublin for one week in August and ended up at this pub nearly every night after giving a few of the others a whirle. There is live Irish music playing almost always. We met several locals here but also people from all over the world. There was never a dull moment and they have quite the selection of spirits. Even though the place is always packed, the bartenders were very punctual and my glass was rarely empty. At some point I acquired a few free Gogarty's hats to take home to Chicago (I believe I got them from the bartender???) Anyhow, a sure sign of a great time in Ireland is if you wake up the next afternoon wondering how you ended up with pub merchandise you didn't purchase:) If I ever get back to Dublin will definitely visit again!

Visited August 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 attraction reviews
“Such a joke”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We went to dinner here because it was recommended by the girl at the desk at our hotel. We ate on the second floor. There were 2 other tables taken at the time, but it took so long for the girl to come get our order that I thought we had to order at the bar. I got to the bar and was told that she would be with us in a moment. I ordered the beef and Guinness stew and my boyfriend got the cheeseburger. My stew was decent, however his cheeseburger was down right awful. For starters there was no bun! It was also dry and he said the cheese was horrible and picked it off. He only took a few bites and was done. It then took her forever to come over with the bill so I walked over to the bar to get it and paid there. My jaw about hit the floor when I saw the price. We had gone to dinner the night before at a "higher class" restaurant and did not pay that much. It was definitely not worth it. The only up side to the restaurant was the band they had playing downstairs that they had coming in through the speakers.

Belfast
24 attraction reviews
“Awesome fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I always have the best of times in Gogarty's... go here if you want some real Irish 'craic'! I went here on a sunday night and the place was full of people. The musicians were great at interacting with the crowd and there were lovely women there painting people's faces (sure why not!). Bar staff are friendly and efficient and they even served up free bowls of rice and sweet chili chicken at the end of the night! Great idea! So much fun.