“Great bbq & service” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
“Great bbq & service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Went on Sunday afternoon , we had pulled pork sandwich & baby back ribs sides of slaw corn & chips . Food was good bbq sauce was excellent & beer was cold . A great addition to dining in Dublin . Will be back !!

Dublin, Ireland
“Queueing to order is a letdown”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Food is good although a little underwhelming in portion size. I had the combo bun with slaw. Meat was delicious, slaw was average.

However, I hated having to queue to order. The reasons this is a terrible idea are as follows:
1. I just waited 10 mins for a seat, you want me to queue again?
2. There are loads of floor staff, why can't they take my order?
3. As I get my drink at the counter when ordering my meal, I'm less likely to order a second (or third!). I thought restaurants made most of their money selling drinks?
4. When I pay in advance of having my meal, I'm less likely to tip. (Paying and tipping are normally done together).

Change this and I'll be back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin
“Excellent BBQ hits Dublin !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

A new place in Dublin, Pitt Bros. is only open a few days and already, judging from the packed room on a wet wednesday evening, the word is out that there's great bbq meat to be had here.
Excellent staff, who actually took a real interest in explaining the menu and asking for suggestions to improve.
great atmosphere, I loved the packing-crate ceiling and the steel-bucket lights, good music and a general feel-good buzz in the place.
Admittedly a fairly limited selection but then it's a specialist bbq place so that's to be expected and what they do they do really well. I was here with my brother and we ordered 3 meals to share, which gave us 6 free side orders to enjoy too. Mains were pulled pork, brisket and a really great sausage, sides included mac'n'cheese, bone marrow mash, burnt end beans - everything excellent and we couldn't even manage the free ice-cream !
I would advise getting in early, given the nature of a smoker-based restaurant, there's a danger the food will run out sooner rather than later.
Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Delicious BBQ, friendly staff and cool atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

A couple of friends were visiting over the weekend from Scotland and we went looking for dinner in Dublin. We came across Pitt Bros and thought we'd give it a try, and we were very glad we did. We were able to get seats straight away which was lucky considering how quickly the place filled up. Unfortunately by the time we got there there were no ribs or brisket left, but we still had a few choices and were guided through the menu by a really helpful member of staff. I got the pulled pork, bone marrow mash and burnt end beans on his recommendation and it was perfect. The beans in particular were amazing, with shredded meat mixed in with the sauce. I was so full after my meal that I didn't even take the free ice cream, but I have it on good authority that it was tasty! For €12.95 it was a really good meal. Will definitely be going back.

• Visited September 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“BBQ food at its best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We came here last Friday night during a weekend in Dublin. On arrival and a short wait we were shown to some spaces on a large table running the length if the room.
I loved the atmosphere - cool lamp shades made from metal buckets and bbq drums, music that was non intrusive but got your toe tapping and proper friendly staff.
We ordered the brisket, chicken, pulled pork and sausage. Between the four if us we couldn't decided which we preferred as it was all good.
My friend who lives in Dublin is already planning her next visit and I'd certainly recommend it to anyone who fancies something a bit different. It was pretty popular as by 10ish they'd run out if meat!!
It was great value too. I understand it to be a very new place - I certainly wish them well and hope it stays for me to visit again next year!

• Visited September 2013