“Nice sushi” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 1,884 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Noodle
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night, Private Dining
Description: Banyi Japanese Dining is a hidden gem. A warm and traditional Japanese decor and welcoming staff will await for you in Temple Bar. Be amazed by our wonderful dishes which will entertain both your taste buds and eyes. Our menus are a meticulous selection of the best Japanese dishes, all homemade from the freshest ingredients by our highly experienced Headchef.
Dublin
“Nice sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Two of us had lunch on a Monday.
All food was delicious and presented well. Service was super friendly and very good. Would return here as good sushi is rare in Dublin.

Fri3dtomato, Marketing Director at Banyi Japanese Dining, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Hi njdimond,

thank you very much for your nice words. I am delighted that you enjoyed your Banyi dining experience!

We always strive to provide excellent service and delicious food!

On behalf of Banyi's team, we look forward to seeing you soon!

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Dublin
“A great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I went to banyi for lunch on a Saturday with a group of friends. We were all very impressed. Service was excellent and very friendly. Quirky decor, and the best sushi I've tried in dublin. A cut above the rest. Highly recommended for sushi lovers.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi navangirl86m

We are extremely happy that you found Banyi a great place where to enjoy excellent food in a nice ambience!

We look forward to welcoming you very soon for other delicious sushi and Japanese dishes!
Dublin, Ireland
“Best sushi in Dublin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Just by chance I passed this small Japanese restaurant in temple bar dublin. As avid Japanese food lover I just have to sample the foods. I have the dragon and unagi rolls. Have to admit it is one of the best sushi I ever taste in Dublin comparable with sushi I had when I was in Tokyo before. The presentation with the dry ice add humor to the meal. Service is simply top notch, very attentive and make me feel special despite I was on my own. They notice my green tea is getting cold in the teapot and quickly replace it. Not many place notice this kind of thing. Will definitely be back.

Visited March 2014
Hi S S,

on behalf of the team, I'd like to thank you for your nice review.

I am delighted that you loved your Banyi experience!

At Banyi we wish to make every guests' meals special!

Thank you again. We hope you'll visit us soon!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Top marks for presentation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We just love sushi / sashimi so we thought we'd try here. Fantastic. Presentation was the best I've seen, sushi presented with cooling ice coming from a little dish - we were well impressed. Not a great deal of atmosphere - only us in there one Saturday lunchtime. Would definately go again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hi Jilllian,

greetings from Banyi japanese Dining.

I am very happy that you enjoyed our restaurant!

Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the atmosphere, that day started quite slow. Although, the idea behind our restaurant is that guests are able to enjoy and relax, after their visit to Temple Bar.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you very soon!
Dublin, Ireland
“Best Sushi in Dublin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Have visited Banyi twice in the past few months, was completely blown away on our first visit! The presentation of the food was amazing & everything was delicious! Cocktails were also lovely. We weren't as impressed on our second visit, it was Valentines Weekend so maybe the kitchen was under a lot of pressure?! The restaurant isn't very attractive from outside but don't let that put you off...inside is lovely! The staff are all brilliant, so friendly & attentive! We'll definitely be back soon.

• Visited February 2014