“This is some serious café” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #111 of 1,795 restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: Open seven days Specialty Coffee is our thing but we pride ourselves on our homemade fare too. Delicious hot sandwiches & ciabattas, inventive salads, cakes & sweet treats. Great breakfast menu too.
Irvine, California
“This is some serious café”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I travel a lot for work, and I usually don't have much time or money, nor do I eat at fast food chains, and this means one thing, that I am quickly becoming a sort of an expert in delis, "good" fast food places, artsy cafés. Cup is one of the best I've tried. The sandwich was really good, made with fresh ingredients (one thing is to boast you have fresh imgredients,one thing is to actually have them). The staff were incredibly nice and friendly and the atmosphere at the café is really warm and comfortable, I would have stayed more.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

96% Recommend
“A must visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Every time I'm in Dublin I stop at Cup. Forget Bewley's it's the best cup of coffee in the city! The food is great and people watching out on Nassau Street is the greatest in Dublin.

• Visited October 2012
Bristol
“All round great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Popped in for a coffee and sandwich upon our arrival in Dublin as we spotted this place en route to the hotel.

The service was fantastic - friendly, quick, warm, welcoming. We took a seat outside and our food and drink was brought over quickly. Everything was really tasty and the cakes looked good too - but we didn't try any.

Just a great place for coffee or lunch, and if I lived in Dublin I'd definitely be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Coffee, great staff, just great!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I had a business meeting this morning. I'd passed Cup a couple of times and thought I'd check it out this morning. Arrived to a very warm welcome from the staff. I ordered a scone and a cappacinno and my colleague asked for a complicated skinny something & a cake!! Our order arrived promptly, the coffee was really great and the scone and cake were fresh and very tasty. Although it was busy the staff were attentive. My colleague commented that she'd visited many of the city centre coffee shops but Cup tops them all. I'd have to agree! Visit soon.

Hanover, New Hampshire
“Exactly what I was looking for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Delicious food!! I wanted a grain salad and a little something sweet. I had a heavenly lentil salad and a Mocha to drink (perfect sweetness). My husband had a Veggie Wrap, which was also wonderful. For the little something sweet we shared a mixed berry scone. It was the most mouthwatering scone I have ever had, with a little butter and raspberry jam MMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

Hugh M, Manager at Cup, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review- it is very much appreciated. Our scones are something of which we are very proud, and it is always nice to hear that they are being enjoyed! Thank you for visiting us, and hopefully we'll see you again sometime!

Kind Regards,