“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 177 hotels in Dublin
Cork
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Friendly, welcoming service, lovely room, beautiful pool. It was also one of the only hotels I've ever stayed in where I wasn't woken by noises through the night, so I presume they got the soundproofing right! If you want to sample the rooftop bar though, make sure and ring ahead to book a seat! It's pricey but the cocktails are fab.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Shellakybooky,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Marker hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and your time in the Rooftop Lounge where our guests always have preference.

I thank you again for your lovely review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

525 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Really liked this hotel, nice and modern, right next to the water. Room was decent sized, great bathroom although the shower would flood the bathroom a bit. Bed was comfortable and room service was great. Staff needed to be a bit more knowledagble about tourist activities and things. I got poor information about the hop on-hop off bus which they should have known better. Overall nice hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear AZTVLR71,

Thank you for reviwing the Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I also would like to assure you that we have already taken action on the points that you mentioned. For example, we have introduced a dedicated concierge to tend to all of our guests needs and he would be able to arrange from a simple spa treatment to flight tickets, tours, etc.

I thank you again for having chosen the Marker Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Spent last night at The Marker and will definitely be back.
Came across the hotel on the web and booked to try a something new.
Unbelievably convenient to theatre (next door, 25m away) which was the reason for our visit (heartbeat of home) and Grafton St only 20mins brisk walk away.
The building, public spaces, bedrooms were all as you'd expect for a 5* hotel, but the level of service from all of the staff we encountered was exemplary.
Never before have we been asked would we like a towel and water on our return from a morning run!
We will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Mike M,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and that our team looked after you.
You are correct on saying that we are ideally located beside the Bord Gais Theatre and not far from Grafton Street.

On behalf of my team and me, we thank you again for your lovely comments and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Checked in for one nights stay and to catch Micky Flanagan at the O2. Fabulous is the only way to describe it. Fantastic setting, staff were unobtrusive yet always on hand if required and extremely pleasant. Gorgeous superior king room and very tasty breakfast this morning. Can't find a fault. We will be back!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Damien M,

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your short break with us especially the Team as they are always trying to make every single guests visit an unique and especial one.

I thank you again for reviewing the Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warm regards

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Went for birthday dinner. Had amazing saffron risotto. Just amazing. Lovely bottle of wine. Ordered desert and they had written happy birthday in chocolate on the side of the plate. Finished off with a G&T in the bar. Gorgeous building and stunning bedrooms and spa. Highly recommended

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul N,

Thank you for reviewing the Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that we made your birthday a little bit more special and that you enjoyed your dinner and drinks.

I look forward to welcoming you back and hopefully before your next birthday!

warm regards

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We usually stay at The Gresham for its central location but decided to try The Marker. Really nicely done out, super friendly service and nice room . A whole different experience to The Gresham and there really is no comparison. The location is great but not as central as it could be, but everything is only a short distance away. I would highly recommend the hotel , it would be even better if the prices were 10 to 15% cheaper!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Gunsa01,

Thank you for having selected us for your last visit to Dublin.

I am glad to read that we made the right impression on you and you enjoyed your stay.

I recommend looking at our website where you can find different offers throughout the year or you can always contact us directly and the Reservations Team will be delighted to help you.

Thank you again for your lovely review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Used The Marker for one night whilst on business in Dublin, situated in the smart Docklands area so a 10 minute cab ride from the hearty of the city.I was greated with fantastically hospitable doormen and reception staff and treasted to as slick a check in process as I have had. The Marker is beautifully designed with extremely mascualine contempory features such as the deep balck panelled lobby and corridors but with a glassy and light and open reception, bar reception space. I used the restaurant area for breakfast which was self service but of high quality.
Rooms are of good size I was on the top floor (6th) which had a fantastic if not somewhat dark walk in shower wet room. King sized beds extremely comfortable and a nice size working area with great views across the designer docks to the country way beyond..
I wish I had more than 24 hours to stay here..

Room Tip: 6th floor ... top floor room was fantastic with great views, extremely quiet location, although plen...