“Fabulous new hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Fabulous new hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed for 1 night in July and this hotel is living up to all the hype. Whilst there are certainly some teething problems to overcome its obvious to see staff are working hard at making improvements and this hotel will certainly be one of the best in dublin. Rooms are large and well equipped, very comfortable beds. Food in the evening was excellent quality but the menu was limited in my personal taste. Breakfast was superb with excellent use of quality local products. The spa and pool are amazing. One of the nicest ive been to in recent times

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Leisureman2013,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Marker Hotel on Tripadvisor.

As you mentioned, we are a brand-new hotel and we are still experiencing some minor teething problems but we have a full team working hard on resolving them and we are confident that our final product will be even more amazing of what we already have.

We do introduce new food choices to all of our menus periodically and we welcome all our guests ideas so please feel free to contact me and I will pass your suggestions to our Executive
Chef.

Thank you again and I will look forward to welcoming you to The Marker Hotel.

Best Regards

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I have only good things to say about this hotel. The rooms were lovely and the beds were so comfortable. The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. The could not do enough for us.The food was lovely. We had full use of the spa and pool on the day of check out. Also they told us that we could head into town shopping on the day of check out and leave our car at the hotel for no extra cost. Honestly I can't fault anything

• Stayed August 2013
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Brannelly,

Thank you for your lovely review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you had a fantastic stay with us and that the team made the right
impression on you.

We always try to go the extra mile for our guests and are happy when they come back to us saying that we made a difference.

Thank you very much again and I hope we can welcome you back very soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The marker is a new 5 star hotel located in a new business district in Dublin city. The hotel presents a superb first impression - aesthetically it is stunning.

Check in was professional ( with seriously polished American lady ) as was the valet parking ( small gripe - the valet attendants should know the messing with the guests seat settings is a cardinal sin!. This happened twice ) so overall a really strong welcome is provided.

I didn't know much about the hotel prior to arriving so i didn't really have any expectations. My room was an exec king and it was in every respect perfect. It was exceptionally luxurious, spacious and very well designed. Lots of plug outlets for the regular travellers various devices, a large safe that can easily hold a laptop and a bathroom that now sets the benchmark for other hotels to match - plush marble, sunken bath and massive walk in shower. Wonderful products in the bathroom as well. The in room mini bar is stocked with really interesting artisan irish brand food and snacks - which is a nice touch. ( although it was not re-stocked everyday....i definitely would have polished off again it all if it was! ). The hotel has the best SECURE in room wifi i have experienced which is free. Thank you for who ever thought to add this extra layer of security - its a first by recollection for in house wifi. Throughout the hotel there is also another free standard wifi which itself is probably better than most hotels. The in room ents system is the Power Play system. I dont think its great - ive used it in a few hotels now. Personally id just like TV and Pay Per view movies. I think its odd there is no in room movies on this platform. The other options that power play provide are in my view not necessary and too complicated for most travellers.

Facilities at the hotel are top drawer - the gym and pool are class leading IMHO. The pool is beautiful. I didn't use the spa but had a look and it is serene. I ate on one night in the restaurant and had excellent oysters accompanied by good service. On two nights i entertained clients in the hotel bars - the roof top bar is worth a detour. It is simply incredible. But........the staff that run the access to the bar just don't fit with the hotel. I think they are security people but they are not polished and they feel clumsy and tbh a little tacky. I witnessed a couple of occasions where they were actually rude to hotel guests - but i think more out a lack of finesse in people skills than it being intended. The roof top bar has a limited capacity and is popular so there can be queues / wait lists etc but this is the same at the equivalent in London but the hotel needs to look at the way this is managed because its a glaring negative.

A quick word on the location - it is in a visually impressive new quarter of dublin but it is definitely a taxi ride from the CBD ( grafton street area ) and the local area is a little strange so I would be careful about walking off the main routes. Its not unsafe per se - but there is a mix of big corporate names ( accenture etc ) / glass building and an element of unsavoury local characters. ( druggies / drunks ). It was very notable and hence I make the comment.

Breakfast on each morning was great and again great to see interesting artisan Irish labels being preferred to the big named brands. I took note of the yogurt name - it was amazing.

My bill ended up being a bit of a whopper for the 4 days but this included client entertainment and drinks charges etc and I feel like I still got value. This hotel sets a new bar of luxe quality in Dublin and I look forward to returning...... which I will do soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mgbentour,

Thank you for your lovely and detailed review of the Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you had a great time in the hotel and that you enjoy both the
facilities and the service.

We have made a note on your comments regarding the Pay Per View Movie option and we are working on introducing this option very soon.

The Rooftop Bar has been indeed proven very popular specially when we get lovely summer days and unfortunately that sometimes result on people having to wait but we are doing our best trying to accommodate all of our guests.

Thank you again for all your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Marker very soon.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We've just had a wonderful break in Dublin and our stay at The Marker was above expectations

Breakfast superb...the best butter in the world..Yogurts - WOW!

Superb Johnny Loco bikes available to borrow at no extra cost..brilliant..

ALL of the staff were friendly , helpful and efficient...

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Memphiseko,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am thrilled to know that we went beyond your expectations. The team and I are extremely proud of the product and service that we provide to our guest and comments like yours make it
all worth it.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Romsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Had 2 night stay and must say from arrival to departure service and attention were 2nd to none. Girls on reception offer a first class service and make you feel welcome right from the off. Rooms are very well furnished and beds offer a superb nights sleep. Bathroom and toiletries are top quality. Breakfast was charged extra but was extremely good value. Bar meals were priced well and were presented and tasted lovely. Good selection of beers and again attentive staff. Look forward to visiting The Marker again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Mark W,

Thank you for your lovely review on TripAdvisor.

Our team and I are thrilled to read that you had a brilliant time with us.

The toiletries by Malin & Goetz are indeed top quality and exclusively to The Marker Hotel.

I thank you again for your great comments and I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Warm regards

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have just had a two night stay at The Marker, and I have to say it is defiantly 5 Star...My room (superior king) was very large and had all the things that you need as a traveler..Dressing gown, slippers, mini bar (half bottle of red 15e), ironing board, huge bath, separate walk in shower carafe for coffee, good TV.....I can go on and on. I did not use the pool, but did make use of the roof top bar, which is excellent.

Breakfast - Very good - Burger in the bar (surly the international measurement of any hotel) was excellent!

Now I notice that the management read the review here, so I am going to very picky...Why was there no bubble bath? And also, why no movie channels? Just two very small points.....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Spencermit,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you had a lovely stay with us; Our entire team work really hard to give our guests a 5 star hotel experience and its feedback like the one you provided us that continue to drive us forward and improve.

Funny that you mention the bubble bath and movie channels. In the next few weeks we will be introducing those two new products to make our guests stays even more enjoyable!

I look forward to seeing you again visiting the Marker and trying out the bubble bath!

Kind regards

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Myself & my friend visited The Marker on a very hot summer Friday afternoon. We were given the grand tour & I have to say this is a really nice hotel, it is a cool modern hotel just 5mins walk from the IFSC. The pool area is really nice, I would say one of the best in Dublin City Centre. We had a lovely lunch in the bar washed down by a glass of precesso. We than got a table up on the rooftop. Stepping out of the lift we felt like we were in the Mediterranean. It is really fab & the weather that day of course made it. We had a few cocktails. Every member of staff we came across were very helpful & friendly. We spoke to the manager & he told us the plan for winter on the rooftop, sounds lovely & cosy. You have to try the Cronuts also, yummy!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Dolly W,

Thank you for your lovely review of the Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you were show the hotel around and that you liked the facilities.

I have to agree with you that on a sunny day up on the Rooftop Bar you might be tempted to forget you are still in Dublin while sipping a cocktail (or two!) made by our Master Barmen.

I hope we can get the opportunity to welcoming you back to the Marker very soon

Warm regards

Guest Relations Manager

Been to The Marker Hotel? Share your experiences!