“Nothing special about it” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #804 of 1,890 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Brazilian
Turin, Italy
“Nothing special about it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I came here for lunch, ate at the buffet and filled only one plate for 5euros (student price, I believe it was 6.50euros for non students). The food was ok, but there was nothing of amazing quality, I had rice, salads, beans, meat (it was a bit tough) and some vegetables. It was ok for a quick filling cheap lunch but the overall quality of the food wasn't amazing and if you like the all you can eat option there are much better places nearby (for example Jimmy Chungs and many other Chinese buffets around O'Connell Street). The place is very nicely decorated though and the inside looks good.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband had spotted this little place and we decided to give it a try for breakfast with our two boys ( 6 & 10 ) before a little shopping. Bad choice which I sensed nearly as soon as we sat down. The waitress was friendly but the coffee was cold. The floor was filthy. The service was slow. The sausages on our full breakfast were undercooked. The beans were an unsightly colour and to top it all off I spotted mould on the side of my husbands toast !!! I felt ill thinking about for the rest of the morning. It was the 28th of December and maybe they had not got themselves up and running after the Christmas break but it only begs the question........ How old was that piece of bread?? Not a place to go during daylight hours. Candle light can cover a multitude!

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Amazing find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I came here last week with work colleagues for lunch as it was recommended by some staff at our office in the area. The waiter opened the door for us and greeted us with a very warm smile and explained how their lunch works. They have 2 options, a lunch menu which he said was simple and casual as it was lunch time with a mixture of Sandwiches, omelettes and Brazilian savories. The other option was their buffet located downstairs and he offered for us to take a look if we were in a hurry as he recommended this. The buffet looked delicious but as we had time we decided to have a sandwich. The waiter did mention that all their food is made fresh and that it would take up to 10 minutes or so. It took up to 10 minutes but understandable as it was lunch time and quite busy. I ordered the Boteco Sandwich which was to die for! It's a beautiful restaurant with lovely and helpful staff. I will be back for sure! Well done!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Style over substance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The place looks good and is way larger than you would think from the outside. Nicely decorated and divided into separate areas it potentially has a lot going for it. We tried it for lunch based on reviews here and it was fine but no more than that. The food took an age to arrive which is a bummer at lunchtime and it really wasn't anything special.

On the upside, the staff were friendly and the coffee was good. As I say, I feel it does have potential and we'll probably try it again, maybe in the evening time, but we'll give it a miss for lunch.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“great decor and nice staff VS poor quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I've been Saturday night with my girlfriend (that is Brazlian, so It implies I know Brazilian food and I visited the country).

We ordered 4 tapas, bill: 28 euro. but 2 glasses of wine were included

- bobo de camarao came with literally with 3 prawns
- escondidinho de costela: the meat was dry and the cassava topping either dry and not creamy
- casquinha de siri: was tasteless and the ingredients (crab and others ) weren't harmonious
- salad was ok

wine was nothing special but luckily was included in the deal

the music was a bit too loud, but the most annoying thing was the noise from a drill behind the counter

We didn't complain to the waiter because he was really nice, same impression we got from all the staff

we wouldn't go back