“Excellent food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #679 of 1,883 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Fantastic food, friendly staff (other than the greeter who looked like she'd rather be somewhere else) and a great place. It's hard to find a place in Dublin that isn't targeted at one specific taste so the varied menu is great.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Pre Theatre meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

In Dublin for a couple of nights and just meandering around the beautiful streets my husband and I stumbled across this restaurant next door to the Lord Majors residence. In Dawson street, it is one of many restaurants- including many of your usual high street chains. We were in time for the pre theatre menu. We were shown into the rather stunning dining room, large old and very atmospheric. It was the Supper Room to the Mansion House. I had the antipasti of cured meats and Irish cheeses, which were very good followed by the spinach and ricotta ravioli which were cooked to perfection. The staff were friendly, and helpful. I would recommend this restaurant, and would certainly visit again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good fish, nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Lovely ambience, nice deco, staff were friendly enough. Delays with service but u get that everywhere, food fresh, tasty fish.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin
“Hostess unhelpful and food average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We dined here on Saturday with my mother and as we entered the restaurant there was nobody at the reception desk so we walked into the restaurant. As we did this a lady with long blonde hair walked past us. We then stood in the coat area of the restaurant waiting for someone to come to us but nobody did for some time. It was clear the lady was the hostess and it was very clear we had just arrived in our coats to the restaurant but she didnt come back to see us. My mother went to her and she came back and took our coats ( a little like we were an inconvenience). I have worked in this industry and her approach was not professional.

The gentleman who looked after us was friendly and efficient. We did have to ask for bread and have the jug of water changed as it tasted off...a first for changing water!
The food was fine. The chicken with the caesar salad was very tough. The mains were fine and the desserts were very average. For the price it is not good enough. If I compare it to restaurants of a higher standard their early bird menu costs less and is far superior. We will not be returning.

Visited March 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“Excellent Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I dined at Fire on my last night in Dublin. It was without a doubt the best meal that I had during my trip. I had the stuffed prawns, and they were excellent. My girlfriend got the filet, and it was also very good. It was cooked to the temperature that she ordered, and the flavor was very good! The side dishes with the meals and the bread were also very good. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Dublin, and I would definitely return if I ever make it back to Dublin!

• Visited March 2013