“Great ride, Terrible weather!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 285 Activities in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: We'll show you the city at a relaxed pace, from the main sights like Dublin Castle, St Patrick's Cathedral or the great Georgian buildings, to the side streets and their hidden gems. From Guinness to Google, from ancient to modern, you'll get a real handle on Dublin and a sense of the its history and character. Our guides, Sean and Julian, are knowledgable and fun, and can gee advice on where to eat, shop - and get the best pints.
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Great ride, Terrible weather!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Me and my girlfreind have just got back from Dublin and went on this tour with Julian who was a very good guid and very very knowledgeable! The weather was terrible after 5 minutes with very heavy rain and a very strong wind. We continued on with the tour and got a very good insight of the city which we would never have seen by foot. Well worth a trip!!

Visited January 2013
DBIKE, Co-owner at See Dublin by Bike, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Kyle, I was so delighted you braved the bad weather for our tour! We'd love to have you both back when the sun is shining - at a special rate, of course!

Dublin, Ireland
“Can't rate this highly enough.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I'm a big fan of cycling and would have generally thought I knew LOTS about my fair city. I took this tour recently mainly out of curiosity, I wanted to see Dublin as tourists would. It was safe to say I was blown away. I saw parts of Dublin I never knew existed and heard facts and tales that awed me. We cycled along at a lovely pace and Julian adjusted to suit us cyclists, used to a quicker pace. The bikes themselves are also perfectly suited to their purpose and the safety gear was readily made available to me. The tour guide was wonderfully knowledgeable and perhaps most importantly, incredibly personable. I was astounded by sheer amount of Dublin we managed to see in the short space of time and I still came away from every stop armed with a new piece of interesting information to taunt my friends with There was a lovely literary and musical twist at many stops with Julian adding in facts which in hindsight I'm astounded I've failed to see before. Julian brought us for a coffee afterwards which apparently is common place(fantastic idea) and took any questions we had and regaled stories of the city he so obviously has a passion for. I have never given a review on one of the sites before, nor do I think it will become common practice but after such a fantastic tour I felt compelled to and really, truly wish Julian and Sean all the best with this venture.

Visited January 2013
DBIKE, Owner at See Dublin by Bike, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
We're delighted you liked the tour, Nick!
We're introducing two new tours shortly: A 'Digest the City', where we'll stop for lunch in the Grand Canal Dock area.
And for a longer day out, our 'Southside Spin' through the Victorian suburbs, to a river (the Dodder) and a park, with some nice trees and views along the way.
Bray, Ireland
5 attraction reviews
“See Dublin by Bike tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

See Dublin by Bike tour was a great thrill and, fortunately, without a spill. Sean ensures that everyone is geared up, saddle adjusted, helmeted and high vis jacketed. Julian leads the way in bold style while Sean takes care of the stragglers in a helpful and encouraging manner. I hadn't been on a bike for 20 + years and certainly not in the city and the frequent well chosen stops were a welcome chance for a breather. Sean and Julian enjoy what they do and give pithy and amusing info on the various sites. Their knowledge appears to come from their own great interest in the city which makes it easy listening. The 2 and a half hours flew by and seemed more like one hour. I would recommend the outing to anyone even if you already know the city. Very good value for the 20 notes.
Rose Russell, County Wicklow.

Visited December 2012
Julian V, Owner at See Dublin by Bike, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for your encouraging review. We hope you and Seedublinbybike have a great 2023!
Dublin, Ireland
“Dublin looks beautiful by bike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

A few weeks ago I brought some visiting friends on the newly established "see Dublin by bike" tour. I was a bit concerned, not being at ultra peak fitness, but thought, what the heck....
We met up with JULIAN
N and Sean ,our guides and they kitted us out to be safe and seen and checked the height of the saddles so we would have a comfy spin. We then headed off on a two and a half hour jaunt around some of the most beautiful and historic parts of Dublin - Dublin castle, st Patrick's park, Guinness store house. Quirky extras included the street where Imelda may grew up and a snack break where Sean dug some energising goodies out of his bag pack, telepathically just as I was feeling peckish. On every chat-stop, I learnt something I never knew before (and I live here!) and the guides were warm and relaxed ang great fun.
I have relatives coming next summer and this is something I'll definitely do with them. Older children right up to 80 year olds would be well able for this trip - we coverered about 9k but didn't feel it at all. Brilliant value and the traffic wasn't a problem at all , so a lot of thought must have gone into the route planning. I'm looking forward to doing this again

Visited October 2012
JulianSean F, Owner at See Dublin by Bike, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We're really pleased you got so much out of our tour. Hopefully we'll see you again - maybe for Bloomsday?
“By Bike is Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I've become a big fan of taking bike tours and have done (and reviewed) in several European cities but never my own city of Dublin. So this weekend I corrected that and peddled happily around on a tour with Julian. I suppose I did it out of curiosity, not really expecting to learn much about this city I already know quite well. But I was pleasantly surprised - I discovered new places and interesting things about places I already knew. Nice easy pace, friendly, humorous, chatty and knowledgeable guide - the sun shone and the city looked wonderful! I really enjoyed it and would highly recommend it.

Visited December 2012
We're delighted you enjoyed our tour. Thank you for your enthusiam and encouragement of our new business. Have a great 2013!