“Best dining experience in years!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chapelizod, Dublin, Ireland
“Best dining experience in years!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have to admit I was a little more than apprehensive when my boyfriend brought me to Bamboo for an evening meal and decided we should "be adventurous and try the sushi" - As I am not a lover (or even a liker) of fish, I was already mentally deciding what to order from the chinese when I got home, but believe me there was definately no room for chinese!!! I left the restaurant stuffed beyond belief with some of what I can only describe as the most delicious food I have ever tasted (my mouth is literally watering here at the thoughts of it) - food I never in a million years would have thought I would eat. It was so good I asked to compliment the chef (Lovely welsh lad Marcus) who politely came to our table and thanked us afterwards.

The service was fantastic, it was Saturday night, just before Christmas and the place was almost full to capacity but we were never left waiting for drinks (the cocktails are amazing - The strawberry caiporoska is to die for) and our table was cleared promptly between each setting.

The restaurant itself is lovely, as are the staff - I have to say it was overall the best restaurant experience I have had in years and we will definately be going back!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great Value Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Popped in here around 3pm on a Friday back in October, wasn't too busy, staff were friendly, beer was good. We had the bamboo box lunch special, a kind op box of tapas dishes, one vegetarian and one meat. Food was really fresh and fantastic value at €10 each. Really nice place.

“Terrible food, terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had spotted this restaurant back in November and thought the menu sounded amazing. A few friends had also eaten there prior to Christmas and really enjoyed the food (a couple of them were also part of the group for this visit). So when bamboo appeared on menupages.ie we bought a voucher and a group of us booked a table for mid January.

The first dissapointment was that the menu was completely different to what we were expecting - we were told this was the new menu, they change it every few weeks apparently. We decided to order a selection of tapas but at the reasonably early time of 8pm some of them weren't available. We then had to wait a ridiculous long time for our food to arrive. When it did, it was bland, chewy or just not good.

The toilets are a disgrace, with leaking toilets & taps that appear to be missing part of their handles.

Our bill, even without the voucher, would have been good value had the food been good, but the food was awful so it can never be good value.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Bad experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed here for an economic and fast lunch....At the end the food was ok but waiting one hour for main course with the empty restaurant is too much!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“last minute,great idea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

finding ourselves hungry and in city centre we headed to bamboo on the off chance,although busy we were seated straight away,not the best table weve ever had but the food made up for it.
i couldnt decide so our waitress recommended the prawn teppanyaki and the lamb skewers,heavenley skewers of joy they should be called and the curry was such a change from msg riddled rubbish my taste buds had got used to ,thanks to our waitress,sorry i dont know your name,but ask for a pay rise ,you deserve it.
if your feeling brave have a few japanese sleepers to wash it down but dont blame me

• Visited January 2013