“Lovely night in the Wine Cave” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European, Mediterranean, Tapas
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely night in the Wine Cave”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We decided to try out the Wine Cave the other night after noticing the cafe the last couple of months, and really enjoyed it.

We ordered the house wine, a Spanish Syrah... lovely wine, very yummy! Then onto food, since the menu said that the portions were tapas-sized, my husband and I ordered 4, which was lots of food. Very generous portions. They asked us if we wanted everything at the same time, or in stages, very considerate. We had the antipasti which was very nice, the duck confit and prawns which were very good, but the star was the wild mushroom risotto - amazing!

The jazz playing was top-notched, the staff was very friendly and helpful and the creme brulee a nice way to end the evening. We will definitely be back!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dublin, Ireland
“Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Lovely restautant in Nassau Street, Dublin 2 I would highly recommend this cute place, lovely food, friendly staff and good value will be back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cork
“Avoid at all costs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I POSTED THIS UP BEFORE, I WAS ASKED TO CONFIRM IT WAS THE RIGHT ADDRESS WHICH IT WAS. I INFORMED TRIP ADVISOR OF THIS BUT THEY NEVER POSTED IT BACK. HENSE MY REPOSTING.
I should have wrote this review a while back, but better late than never, I was here along with around 20 other work colleagues at our Company's Christmas night out end of November
We had all decided to use the Christmas set Party menu which looked ok but a little on the expensive side, however as I was not paying I didn't take much notice of Price.
well where do I start, I have to admit I can't review my Starter of "On the Pigs Back Terrine" simply because I ordered it but never received it, I did ask a couple of times for it but hey after asking so many times and it not coming I gave up.
I ordered Loin of Pork or should I say Loin of Rubber, It was so over cooked it hopped up when I dropped it on my Plate, my colleague next to me was so relieved as she had ordered Beef, but fear not, the smile was wiped of her face, as she, like me and my Starter, never received her main course until all desserts were on the Table and yes it was over cooked. Some of our Party ordered Turkey which was so dry it was mostly un-edible, some asked for a bowl of grave only to receive what can only be described as a thick blob of white wine sauce only question was it fit for feline consumption never mind Human.
I ordered the Cheese board which was big, that's the board not the cheese, around 4 slivers of cheese which was very boring, some of our party ordered Chocolate Mousse which came in a large bowl probably bigger that any main course, it was, at best OK.
The Restaurant had a guy playing guitar who was excellent, as our party contained some serious musician's he lent us his guitar and joined us for a sing song which was the best thing about the evening.
On leaving the Restaurant I was offered a doggie Bag with my missing starter! You couldn't make it up
I will never ever go back to this place again

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have been to the Wine Cave twice now, and both times have been pretty good, but the quality of the food has varied. On the first occasion I ordered off the a la carte menu and even though the dishes were meant to be 'tapas' sized, they were very generous and overall the quality of the food was very good. There is a wine list, and although not extensive, it's pretty good (I love the Argentinian Malbec in particular) and reasonably priced. More recently I was here on a Saturday night for the jazz band and that was lovely, but it was difficult to have conversation once the band started. We ordered off the Christmas set menu -I got the vegetarian option of Vegetable galette, but this time the main dish was slightly more disappointing. The puff pastry was extremely dry and I don't think the dish was good value for money (possibly to do with the fact that its part of a set menu, but I would expect the quality of the food to be as good as the a la carte). Overall, it is a lovely setting for a relaxed glass of wine, some nibbles/dinner, especially for a date, and I would give it a chance again. Of note, the staff were often hard to get hold of if something was needed, but overall they were friendly.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“Always guaranteed good food - and I like the buzz of the place too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Maybe I like supporting a fellow American in Dublin, or maybe I just like the fresh selection of food available. Whatever it is, KC Peaches on Nassau Street and Pearse Street have really struck a positive chord for me. Brunch on Pearse Street is fantastic. A taste of home away from home. The selection of hot and cold foods, as well as sandwiches and salads, can't be beat at the Nassau Street location. While lunchtime is chaotic there, as it is just across the street from Trinity and is a welcome place to students, it's still well worth it. They also manage the flow of people well by having different pay points and different areas to get food. And the staff are always incredibly helpful. I can't comment on the wine bar experience as I haven't been there at nighttime, but I bet it is a good spot to have a drink and nosh.

• Visited December 2012