“Lovely!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have been to the Wine Cave twice now, and both times have been pretty good, but the quality of the food has varied. On the first occasion I ordered off the a la carte menu and even though the dishes were meant to be 'tapas' sized, they were very generous and overall the quality of the food was very good. There is a wine list, and although not extensive, it's pretty good (I love the Argentinian Malbec in particular) and reasonably priced. More recently I was here on a Saturday night for the jazz band and that was lovely, but it was difficult to have conversation once the band started. We ordered off the Christmas set menu -I got the vegetarian option of Vegetable galette, but this time the main dish was slightly more disappointing. The puff pastry was extremely dry and I don't think the dish was good value for money (possibly to do with the fact that its part of a set menu, but I would expect the quality of the food to be as good as the a la carte). Overall, it is a lovely setting for a relaxed glass of wine, some nibbles/dinner, especially for a date, and I would give it a chance again. Of note, the staff were often hard to get hold of if something was needed, but overall they were friendly.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London
“Always guaranteed good food - and I like the buzz of the place too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Maybe I like supporting a fellow American in Dublin, or maybe I just like the fresh selection of food available. Whatever it is, KC Peaches on Nassau Street and Pearse Street have really struck a positive chord for me. Brunch on Pearse Street is fantastic. A taste of home away from home. The selection of hot and cold foods, as well as sandwiches and salads, can't be beat at the Nassau Street location. While lunchtime is chaotic there, as it is just across the street from Trinity and is a welcome place to students, it's still well worth it. They also manage the flow of people well by having different pay points and different areas to get food. And the staff are always incredibly helpful. I can't comment on the wine bar experience as I haven't been there at nighttime, but I bet it is a good spot to have a drink and nosh.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Odense, Denmark
“Good for coffee and cakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The food buffet looked a bit disappointing to me and I came after hours for sandwich and soup. But the coffee is great and so are the cakes. Yum!

Visited October 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Good Food, Bad Bathrooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I went to KC Peaches recently and ate in the wine cave, which was really nice. The staff were friendly and gave us some of the lovely, lemony olives as a free little snack. Great bread, too.

I had the pea and mint risotto, which was really fresh and light. The accompanying wine was wonderful - a great recommendation from our waitress. All in all, a nice place for a casual night out, but be warned the menu is slightly confusing, as meals aren't labeled as starter or main course, so it's a bit hard to decipher what you're getting!

I have to say, though, that the restaurant was let down by its bathrooms. No toilet paper anywhere. This is a big restaurant with a lot of staff. Surely someone could keep an eye on the toilets? Bummer.

• Visited October 2012