“Disorganized but excellent food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Downers Grove, Illinois
“Disorganized but excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We dined at Beirut Express in May. Unfortunately, we arrived at shift change and break time so part of our order got "lost" in the shuffle. Three members of our party were almost done eating and we had still not received on entree. We asked our server many times what was going on. We finally had to speak to the owner / manager. He found the error and rectified it as soon as he could. He made up for the error with giving us some tea, hummus and dessert at no charge. Even with the issues with the service, the food was really good. Their falafal was the best I've had and the hummus was among the best i've had. I think lunchtime might be the best time to try Beirut Express, but do give it a try.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great Lebanese food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Great authentic Lebanese food , falafel is amazing and my mix grill was just cooked to perfection , been many time to Beirut express and always happy for what end up on my plate.I will definitely be back soon and recommend this place to everyone.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Lebanese food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Really enjoyable Lebanese food and at a great price. If you're in the area and like Lebanese food definitely try it!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Buzzing and manic all at the same time...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Came here on a voucher deal. The waitresses were a little all over the shop, but very friendly and obliging all the same. The food came promptly, though we waited some time before our orders were taken. The food was okay - a step up from a kebab house, but tasty and nicely presented. The desserts were lovely. Worth a visit on the way to or from somewhere I'd say.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Definitely not "Express"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We went here on a Tuesday night before a gig in the Olympia theatre. We chose the restaurant because it's close to the theatre and we had read some good reviews. I had read they had pre-theatre options but that was not the case when we were there. We arrived at 6:30pm and our show was at 8 so we thought we would have plenty of time to enjoy our meal. We were a table of four. One of the waitresses explained she had only started that night which is fair enough and everyone has to start somewhere. However, we really struggled to get the waitresses to understand any of what we wanted to order. One friend wanted two starters instead of a main so what ended up happening was that they served these one at a time and the rest of us had to wait for our mains. We explained a number of times that we had to go to a show and could we please get our food but it was falling on deaf ears! We also struggled to have a simple bottle of wine and some glasses served to our table. Unfortunately I can't really review my food as it arrived 10 mins before the show so I just ate it as quickly as I possibly could. It seemed tasty enough (the vegetarian platter) but both my friends who ordered lamb were disappointed and thought it was overcooked. Unfortunately I can't recommend this restaurant and would not go back as there is so much choice in the area for places to go.

• Visited May 2013