“Bit of a let down” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
“Bit of a let down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I'd heard great things about this place, and was a little disappointed. Very cramped, and were left waiting for half an hour after our booking. Due to the lack of space this actually meant going away and coming back, and area isn't really up to much. The service was pretty poor when we eventually got seated, not very friendly, and the waitress refused to accept that she'd made a mistake with one of the party's orders. This resulted in one of our party getting her food about 15 minutes later than everyone else. I don't think the BYOB makes up for the trek out and sub standard service. The food was fine to good I'd say. I had heard rumors of the best falafel in Dublin but I've definitely had better at festival stalls. We had a great night, but that was due to our own doing not the staffs'. All in all I won't be returning and wouldn't recommend.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Overpriced and staff not very friendly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Disapointed. Decided to visit again after a going just before Christmas,as I thought I would give the place another go as the food isn't too bad. I love food from that region and there is not many places in Dublin that you can find. The first time was terriblly busy and there was a large group on their Christmas do which ruined it for the other diners on the night. However this time,it was quiter but the service was still bad and main course was served cold. This could be a good venue if the staff were a bit more attentive and it removed it's polictal message at the end with a PLO flag placed over your bill at the end of the evening. Won't be going again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ireland
“Lively Local!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is my favourite local restaurant, not necessarily because of the food which is a ok but primarily because of the buzz. It is a very lively and you can bring your own wine which is always an attraction. The restaurant itself is very cramped but it all lends itself to the atmosphere. The prices are very reasonable & it's a pity that we haven't more of these type restaurants in the area. It is a simple inexpensive middle Eastern cuisine. Corkage Free too. It is always busy which means that there is a market for this type of restaurant in Rathmines Area.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Simple and attractive style. Reasonably prices, helped by the BYOB policy. However we went for the 9pm sitting on Saturday and it was uncomfortably crowded - it meant the staff were too focused on 'crowd control' and not on individuals. Food was ok but nothing special.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Mixed Bag”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This was my first visit. I loved the simplicity of the restaurant and also the fact you can bring your own wine/beer which made the night very inexpensive. There was 9 of us and the total bill came to Euro108 which was all main courses and two desserts of baklava. My meal of lamb, rice and chickpeas was really tasty. My sister and my Mom's meals were very unsatisfactory. To be honest I am not sure what they ordered but it was a chicken dish and they got chicken legs with rice and said it was just ok. I totally agree with the previous writer who commented on the Baklava, three pathetic portions on a plate for Euro4.25 was a total rip off. We had a very enjoyable night and I loved the Middle Eastern music in the background. I think the restaurant has great potential and could be a little Middle Eastern jewel if they paid attention to detail.

• Visited December 2012