“I love the Irish foods!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“I love the Irish foods!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Food is excellent for lunchtime. Service is not bad, pleasant staff.
The menu was small too and high price. I read what people from TripAdvisor has a complaints over priced and bad service and awful foods. Right!!!
There not enough juices, when I asked staff for pineapple juice, hasn't there. Another grapefruit juice, hasn't again. Poor coffee.. But we love burgers with chicken. The warm and fresh breads. Priced 18 euro for two burgers, expensive too. The lunch is one best of the time, but awful price.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dublin, Ireland
“Extremely disappointing food and awful service - a poor greasy spoon would have been better.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

3 of us went for breakfast we ordered 3 full Irish and coffees. The coffee was average and the server forgot 1 of our coffees. He also made a mess of our order, he apologised and said that he would give us the coffees on the house. The beans were flavoured with smoked paprika and tasted awful, the sausages were watery and tasted artificial, the bacon was just about cooked and the eggs were really greasy. We got the bill but they forgot to give us the coffees on the house, we brought it to their attention and asked them to adjust the bill, they ignored us and were extremely rude and charged us for the coffees. We will not be going back here, I wouldn't recommend it.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Bad service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Having visited Wuff before I was eager to go back again on arrival we were told there would be a 10 minute wait. No problem there and we waited in the car right outside the door where I informed a staff member we would be. We came back 8 minutes later to be told the table had been given to others who just walked in and they don't take bookings. Fair enough if that is the case but don't tell waiting customers otherwise. Very annoyed as wasn't offered an alternative. Customer service bad and I won't be returning or recommending any more. Wuff I'm afraid has lost a customer and there are just as nice places have gained one. I can't abide poor service or time wasting.

Visited November 2013
Cork
“Very now decor and small menu well produced and presented”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

From the obligatory bicycle outside to the grey decor and warehouse type lighting this cafe, in an off the normal tourist track area, is very up to date. The menu from fish and twice cooked chips to the charred chicken breast in a bap is excellent for lunchtime fare. They have a small menu which they deliver well. Unlike some other diners I found the food fairly priced with most lunch options under the €10 mark and soup at €5.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Little pricey, but cosy spot for a Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Been meaning to try this place out for ages.

So on the Sunday of the October bank holiday weekend, finally got a chance to visit it. Both of us went for the full Irish and the staff were very willing to take some items off ( I can't stand pork and leek sausages - they are very overrated in my opinion, what is wrong with plain pork sausages??) and add others on (extra bacon in my case) for no extra cost, which is always good.

Now I don't drink tea of coffee but generally when you order a full Irish tea / coffee is included in the price. Not so with this bunch.

While I did like the food and found the staff very pleasant, I think that €22.20 for two breakfasts with tea and a soft drink a tad on the pricey side.

My only crib with the selection of food for their full Irish was that I would have liked to have potatoes (not chips, just fried potatoes or hash browns) and mushrooms with my breakfast. Plus if you are going to serve black pudding, could you not also add white pudding?

As an aside - a table beside us ordered the fish & chips and it did look very appealing.

Overall, yes I would probably go back - but not for breakfast.

• Visited October 2013