“Shoreditch style tasty eatery at spot on prices” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dublin
“Shoreditch style tasty eatery at spot on prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Been here twice for brunch, menu is nicely developed with everything under €10 so can't complain about portion sizes which I would consider to be spot on. Interior has enough blend of urban chic to be cool whilst remaining welcoming. Staff are friendly and helpful, making you feel welcome. The perfect spot to enjoy a lazy late breakfast with friends and family!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Singapore, Singapore
“A wonderful find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We found this restaurant by accident while staying at the nearby Ashling hotel. We went for an early lunch, looked at the menu and decided to try it. Even though we were early, we got the last table - it is highly recommended to make a reservation for any day of the week (we were there on a bank holiday Sunday and it was full - many people were turned away!)

The decor is modern (grey with orange piping) while the tables are old wood. As all the food is prepared to order, they are willing to make changes to suit your taste (I had the "vegetarian" nicoise salad but with steak slices - it was delicious!!!). Make sure at least one person orders tea to have their wonderful iron tea pots. The staff are very friendly and the owner is very engaging. He told me they opened in August and have been full for lunch ever since. However this popularity has attracted bad reviews from people who did not even get a table!

Wuff is a great addition to the local restaurant scene (I used live locally before moving to Singapore) and I hope this quality restaurant continues to thrive.

Visited October 2012
“Shocking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

My recent visit here was not at all good the food wasn't bad but it was small protons and tasteless not at all worth what I had to pay we tried to order wine but the person serving us who seemed like a supervisor had no idea about the wine list and not a great wine list at that I can only assume they dont know anything about wine at all. we did however get a nice bottle of white wine that cost around 25 but then my friend noticed it was the same bottle he bought on sale in asda in newry!!

We were seated by the entrance and the manager was very rude towards people who didn't have a reservation. I found it off putting seen an uncovered wond\growth on his neck

I thing that did shock me after we finished our bottle we ordered a glass each of the same wine. The manager came over and free poured in front of us into our unfinished glasses we thought this was odd because it left everyone with different measures. As we were about to cheers with our glasses he came back stopped us and took the glasses out of our hands he apologised and said he had poured the wrong wine so he wasted our half glasses of wine we had and instead if throwing the wine out I could see him pour the mixed wine back into a bottle behind the bar!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Will Visit Again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stumbled on this cafe as I was wandering around Dublin on a Saturday morning having not had breakfast yet as it was not included in my hotel room cost. I went in and was seated by the friendly staff immediately and I ordered a hot chocolate and the small Irish breakfast with my egg hard fried.

The hot chocolate came first and it was divine! Perfect blend and temperature - something most cafes struggle to get exactly right. And when the breakfast came out - FINALLY! Someone got my request for the egg exactly right! Most cafes seem to think hard fried means I really want a bit of runny yolk but I hate nothing more so was delighted to see my egg perfectly cooked. Furthermore, everything was delicious and the service was good.

I will be back to this cafe for sure.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice decor, but Fawlty Towers..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Been several times to this new place. Opened I think 6 months now.
First visit was with friends for lunch before they opened for dinner. 9euro for a steak sandwich, not good value for what we got. A bundy bun with chewy strips of overcooked steak, lettuce and mayo. The bap fell apart as I ate it and there wasnt much flavour from the rest of the ensemble. Others at the table had a salad, which I thought would be good value for 7euro, but it was a tiny portion, more akin to a dinnertime starter for a lady. And the roast chicken sandwich had again, lettuce and mayo. A recurring theme. Very basic for a bistro of this calabre. Lunch menu read well but what came out was a different story.

This place is getting lots of media coverage so I went back for dinner. They had 3 average/poor reviews in newspapers but I thought the critics must be a bit harsh on them. Im happy the menu reads well when I go back. But then alot of basic stuff was messed up. The crab cakes had clearly been microwaved, then deep fried - they had split in the centre from exploding in the microwave. We asked for a bottle of wine when ordering. The wine didnt arrive until halfway through our starters. The manager came over with a bottle that had already been opened with a glass gone from it! My partner assuming there was a mistake & said, "we ordered a bottle". The manager, who later we found out is the owner, said, "I know, there it is". I was shocked that someone running a restaurant would not know basic service ettiquite. Not only he didnt open it in front of us or check if it was the correct bottle we ordered, but he plonked a three-quarter filled bottle on our table. So we were expected to pay for a bottle that was opened with a glass out of it given to another customer! He didnt check if it was alright and he walked away when we looked at him baffled trying to explain we ordered a full bottle.
My partner was deflated at the size of the main courses, they were very small. A decoration of flowers around the meat, with little else. My cod was sent back, it was raw. I felt bad sending it back, but the replacement was the same piece of fish cut in half and deep fried, then put back o the same plate. Horrific.
We were starving after our starters and mains so opted for dessert. The cheesecake tasted like it was bought in. Bland and on the savoury side instead of sweet as desserts should be.

Food was average. Someone lacking skills in the kitchen. Menu is set up so that you have to order sides with your mains, (meaning the main courses alone will set you back over 30euro), and there were only 2 dessert options, a bought in cheesecake or a lemon flavoured cream. Word from friend is that they've had similar experiences there.

I can only assume the people behind it have never worked in a restaurant before as there were no apologies for any of the mistakes or sent back food. they were all friendly & genuine, but didnt seem to realise any of these things were major mistakes.

• Visited September 2012