“So disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Description: http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/caffe-cagliostro-dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“So disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We decided to treat ourselves to coffee and cake on a girly day out and really liked the look of Cagliostro. At first glance it seemed like good value for money. I thought that my cake wasn't as moist/ fresh as it should be but it was my friend who pointed out mould on the bottom of my cake. I brought it to the attention of the staff who in fairness were mortified and offered me other cake which I naturally declined. I was refunded my money paid for both the cake and tea. But the experience left a bad taste and my friends were put off their food. In fairness to waiting staff it wasn't their fault but measures need to be taken by someone to prevent that happening again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dublin
“On the Coffee Trail to D7”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I’ve taken to walking to work and have made it my business to stop for a coffee before the daily grind.
From D8 to D7, I have stopped off at different establishments, and have duly noticed the coffee, staff and price, on your behalf. And with prices ranging from €2.20 to €3.50 you can pay way more beans for your beans within a half a mile radius.

First Day: Queen of Tarts, Cow’s Lane, Dublin 8
Price:€2.60.
Coffee: Good and strong.
Staff: Somewhat aloof.
Second Day: The Bakery, Essex Street, off Cow’s Lane, D8
Price: €2.50.
Coffee: Very middle of the road, though pastries look yummy and staff are not afraid to say, ‘hello’.
Third Day: Stage Door Café, Templebar, D8
Price: Over 3 quid for a hospital white coffee in an oul doll’s cup. Quaint if the coffee stood up but it was so weak I feared for its well being. The stiff waitress spraying industrial cleaning stuff on tables that would threaten pre-Kyoto levels, didn’t help in the down wind.
Fourth Day: La Corte & Bar Italia, Woodquay.
Price: €2.60
Coffee: I asked for a latte which was lovely but get it extra hot if you have an asbestos mouth like me.
Staff. An older guy who continued to look at me strangely. Because I was sitting outside, I think he was watching me in case I ran off without paying. Will not go back as he’d win in a staring competition.
And on the Fifth & Sixth day: Caffe Cagliostro, The Italian Quarter, Bloom's Lane, 24 Ormond Quay Lower.
I’m going to skip to the staff first. Wonderful, genuinely warm , courteous and a pleasure, especially when you’re trying to come to your senses, first thing. In short, they show up the rest and should be sent round to the other places to give courses on how hospitality is really done.
Coffee: The real Italian Job.
Price: €2.20, the cheapest and the best with ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ and ‘it’s a pleasure’ thrown in for good measure.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin
“horrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Small italian, in the italian quarter, Appalling service rude staff, 40 minutes no food had to walk out.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin, Ireland
“Horrific is an understatement. Worst experience of customer service ever.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I went there today with a work colleague at lunch time. The lady I was with ordered inside and we took our seats outside. 10 minutes a waiter arrived to "take our order". I explained that it was already taken but gave him the order again politely. Another 10 minutes passes when another male waiter came to take our order again for the 3rd time. I explained again that we ordered twice and he shrugged his shoulders saying they had no order. I went into the cafe and asked the waiter who took our 2nd order if it was on the way. I got a sharp 'NO' as a response. I asked why and he said they had no order. I asked to see the manager who wasn't there. So I asked for the female staff for her number. As she was about to write it down the male staff started laughing and told her to give me a certain number that happened NOT to even be the manager or assistant manager but a supervisior friend who wasn't pleasant to deal with on the phone either. She eventually gave me the managers number. She did phone me back and told me that She would follow up with the staff on duty. I have myself eaten In many establishments in that area and even on the same street. I would never return even though I was offered by the manager to be looked after if I did. There is plenty of reputable establishments on the same street as this and it should be avoided at all costs.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Galway, Ireland
“Great value friendly Italian cafe in the heart of Dublin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Caffe Cagliostro is a small atmospheric Italian cafe/restaurant situated a minute away from the Ha'Penny Bridge in the centre of Dublin. The food offered is mainly panini, pizza, soup and similar as well as a great selection of cakes & dessert - and of course a wide variety of coffee (and everything else) made the Italian (tasty) way. The staff are warm and friendl. The clientele cosmopolitan and talkative. The atmosphere warm and talkative. The food tasty. The prices - great value. The location - dead central. There isn't really much more that you could want!
A great place to drop in for lunch, tea, a snack - any excuse!

• Visited April 2013