“Boast about Roast” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Cork
“Boast about Roast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

So many restaurants can be a disappointment. Not "Roast". From the service, to the food, it's the type of place you'd seek out on a Friday night before a concert with friends.

I didn't opt for a starter but they all looked rather enticing. The 9 oz Ribeye Irish beef was exceptional, with Chunky Chips, Slow Roast Tomato, Onion Ring, Pepper Sauce - yum.
The best was yet to come though in the shape of Warm Chocolate Fondant
Cassis Sorbet, Berries Compote, Orange & Almond Tuille.
Would highly recommend this restaurant, great wine, great food and great company:-)

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“this will be my definite dinner stop every time i visit dublin.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I was in Roast Restaurant on Friday with 5 friends. It was a super meal ,.so tasty .The service was brillant from start to finish. It had a lovely chilled and relaxed atmosphere. The staff were.very friendly and professional. As I am lucky enough to be in Dublin again next week for another concert I have booked Roast again. I would definitely reccomend a visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Gorgeous dinner here, lovely atmosphere, friendly staff, had lovely evening here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Had gorgeous dinner here Saturday evening pre robbue williams!tasty starters, gorgeous steaks, and desserts were beautiful, highly recommend this restaurant, friendly staff,nice setting,will be back again, close to Aviva stadium also which was handy.

Dublin, Ireland
“Perfect...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We went to the restaurant on a Saturday evening with a Groupon voucher. The waiter who greeted us was excellent from start to finish. The restaurant was half full and the waiter seated us so we had our own space. One of my pet hates is when you enter a restaurant and are seated on top of other people, even though there are plenty of available tables.

We decided to go straight to the main courses - one sirloin and one rib-eye steak. We were brought a taster portion of the soup while we waited, which was a nice touch. The steaks were cooked beautifully. I could have eaten the steak twice! Being a big steak person, my husband cannot wait to go back.

I decided to have dessert when the waiter mentioned pineapple bread and butter pudding (that was not listed on the menu) - and it was exquisite. My husband (who was stuffed!) couldn't resist and he ended up eating most of it. Thankfully, it was a very generous portion and plenty for two.

The prices are higher than average, but you really get what you pay for and I would have no hesitation recommending this restaurant and indeed returning for another steak. Well done Roast!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ire
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We ended up going here by chance one night, amazing food, great service and an even better wine list. Great choice on the menu, pork was to die for! Can not wait to go back!

Visited April 2013