“THE Authentic Irish pub” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Connected with The Celtic Lodge and Le Bon Crubeen
Ohio, United States
“THE Authentic Irish pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Took a weekend trip to Dublin with some friends and one of the things I wanted to experience was that traditional "Irish Pub". One with a lot of character, nice locals, great Irish music, and drinks. I can not express enough how much The Celt exceeded every expectation I had. We were only in town for 2 nights and ended up spending both nights there, it truly made the trip. The food was delicious and the music made everything a blast. All the bartenders were some of the nicest we've ever met (along with the locals there). If you want people of other cultures to be nice then just show them you're nice and respect. We did this and immediately befriended everyone there. Again, this truly was THE bar to go to.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Springfield, Illinois
“Not for lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I went for lunch my first day in Dublin. I have to say I was disappointed by the lack of a warm Irish welcome. We sat at the bar- there was only one other couple and we were mostly ignored. The food was fine, but I did get a little concerned when I heard the bartender calling around to find a quick fix roof repair in the kitchen...

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Halifax, Canada
“Had Our Last Irish Meal Here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The last thing on our bucket list to try was Irish Stew and we ordered this at the Celt. I wasn't impressed with this serving because the lamb was mostly gristle and the vegetables were not cooked enough. It's a shame because we probably would have had a better Irish Stew elsewhere. But I really enjoyed the Guinness of which I had several.

Visited May 2013
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Excellent night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My mum and I had an extremely enjoyable (and very drunken) night here while visiting Dublin this week. The food was fabulous (I had the Irish stew, my mum the fish and chips), waiters/bar staff were friendly and attentive without being annoying (and rather easy on the eye), and the music was entertaining.

Would highly recommend to anyone.

Visited May 2013
Valrico, Florida
“Amazing music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I went here at least a dozen times. The atmosphere is warm like an old Irish cottage and the music is very authentic. The bartenders were friendly as well. Fireplace was always lit and a downstairs walk to the restroom. Great pub for groups.

• Visited June 2012