“I never thought I'd laugh about the plague!” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #32 of 171 Tours & Activities in Dublin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Come and join us on Ireland's only 4D bus ride - The Gravedigger Ghost Bus Tour! - Sight, sound, smell and taste just got horrible! The tour starts at Trinity College where your guide will transport you back some 600 years ago to when the old Augustinian Priory and of course the plague house were there. But just ignore the coughing and listen to his tales of a plague-ravaged Dublin as we explore the weird and wonderful events that have taken place in times gone by, unearthing legends and ghosts from Dublin's past.
Denver, Colorado
10 attraction reviews
“I never thought I'd laugh about the plague!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This haunted bus tour was light-hearted, hilarious, and gruesome all at the same time! You board a double decker bus, complete with coffins on the first floor, and are amused and repulsed by stories of murderers, the plague, public hangings, and all other dark sides of Dublin history by your zombie tour guide. After each story concludes, you've stopped at the exact place where the story took place. You exit the bus and the story is finished - sometimes with a little scare to keep you on your toes! This tour is rich in historical facts with some ghost tales peppered in for the superstitious folks. Best of all - there's a stop at a local (haunted) pub! The tour guides are quick witted and could probably teach courses on improv - have fun with them, but don't dish out what you can't take! Zombies, the plague, beer - what more could you want? This was by far our favorite tour in Dublin!

Visited October 2012

Dublin, Ireland
“Magic !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was my first experience of a bus tour of this nature and I would thoroughly recommend it to one and all. I have to say that I was taken by surprise by the excellence and the fun and wit of our guides. This is storytelling at it's best while travelling to the historic stops. The stories , the fun and humour and the laughs were non-stop and the antics of the guides kept the captive passengers entertained from start to finish.
I was amazed at how they were able to divert from the stories with ease to prod a little fun with the passengers and return to focus on their historic tales and acting and keep the momentum going. Haven't enjoyed anything as much as this in a long time for a good night's fun. Also going to avail of the walking tour which is included in the price as well. Brilliant !

London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“best night out in Dublin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Most fun I have had in ages. I pretty much laughed solidly for 2 hours. I wouldn't say I came away feeling educated about the history of Dublin, but if you want that there are other tours available - this is an interactive comedy horror expereince. I was travelling alone and still thoroughly enjoyed it. The actors/guides are great at getting everyone involved and are really funny. I'd definietly recommend to anyone visiting Dublin and will go again next time I'm there. Thank you!!!

Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Really enjoyed this tour! My sister and I had a great time & have recommended it to all our friends! The guides & props were excellent!
There was a great bunch the night we did this tour, plenty of unwilling volunteers & there was a great atmosphere on the bus. Thank you for a brilliant night :)

Galway
“Halloween 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My 17 year old daughter and i took the 10.30pm tour on Halloween 2012 from the moment we stepped on to the gravedigger bus the fun started straight away the crew on the bus were great fun and we learnt a few things about Dublins past .The Gravedigger bus itself is great and the decor inside is fab, there was a great mixture of visitors from around the world and all had a great time. I would strongly recommend this tour, as it does what it says on the label GOOD FUN , SCARES , AND ENTERTAINS.

All the best to the staff and crew on the Gravedigger tour

Visited October 2012