“Good quantity, great quality, handy packaging!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Dublin, Ireland
“Good quantity, great quality, handy packaging!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stopped by Neon about 1 month back. It was very quiet, but I hear it can be really busy alot of the time. I liked the down to earth decor, very simple & a little arty & hippy. Back to basics.
We had the Thai Sweet Chilli Chicken, honey wings, ribs & rice & noodles. The wings were a let down as they were a little dry but the rest of the meal was very very good. Not too expensive, about 35e for 2 starters, 2 mains, sides & 2 drinks. The veg in the dishes were very fresh and the sauces were tasty. The kitchen looked to be all Asian chefs also which was a nice touch.
We got alot for the prices, we had way more than we could eat & all our food came in take-away boxes which was handy then, because we brought most of it home with us. They have water, bags, glasses, plastic knives, forks & chopsticks available at the counters & tables. Also they have bowls available on the tables which enables you to eat what you feel like and bring the rest away. They also give you an ice cream cone to fill & enjoy yourself.
The staff all seemed happy & chill & it reminded me of my own job, I often recommend customers at my place to go to Neon because it's decorated quite similar to my work environment.

Overall I liked Neon & I would go again. I am just as happy with the 7euro chow mein I get from my local Chinese, but If I had the money I would def go to Neon for a sit in meal and/or with friends.
Recommended!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Charming Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Love eating here.. Great value, unique atmosphere, and free ice-cream..!! I can safely recommend the duck spring rolls and Thai green curry!! Yum

• Visited April 2013
“One of my favs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Frequent visitor in Neon, been coming here since it opened, love the style of food, how fresh and quick it is and of course the funky simplistic decor. Miss the Chicken chilli basil dish from the last menu, bring it back please! Great to see the same faces in Neon (staff and customers). Extremely good value, especially the lunch menu and who doesn't love a free ice-cream :)

Dublin, Ireland
“Have been here so many times.... addicted!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have been regular visitors to Neon over the past year.... too regular perhaps, but hey we love it!! Great value and the food is exquisite AND you get a free DIY ice cream cone from their ice cream machine :) Top tip is to order your starters first off as you pay upfront, so if you order everything they will arrive at the same time, once finished with the starters pop back up for the mains then..... Also try to get a table away from the main door, the place is usually always busy so the door is constantly opening and closing and there is always a blast of cold air! Its a self service place, so you get your own plates, napkins, glasses, water etc etc, which are dotted around the place so never any hassle, keep an ear out though as the waiters call out your name when your dish is ready

“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a great spot, Dublin should have more of these types of venue. No fuss,tasty Asian food. The place is cool and the staff are lovely. For 10 euro you will be full and happy- what is not to like.

• 4 of 5 stars Food