“Bite sized” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dublin, Ireland
“Bite sized”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I just didn't like this place ....the decor, the dining rooms, the toilets. This venue does not lend itself to a hip restaurant. It looks like a coffee shop from circa 1998. It is awkward and just plain wrong.
My worst gripe is that my friend's main course of monkfish was swimming in this very thin,watery sauce. When we complained (well, I did, as my friend is too polite) the waiter said the chef was happy with it. However the people beside us had the same dish but theirs wasn't watery. I am sick of waiters or chefs contesting the customer! what happened to the customer is always right??
At the end of the meal, I had a long conversation with the waiter about the said watery sauce. I made the point that it wasn't 'bisque' like, as he suggested, it was 'water' like and even I know that if I was a chef, I would have just reduced it down more. There is no defence, as it isn't even uniform 'watery', note my previous comment about the table beside us. So, at the end of that, there was no apolgies from the staff, no 'would you like a drink on the house'. Nada. The service was extremely poor and they weren't that busy. The table beside us was served our food before we corrected the waiter, our table took forever to be cleared between courses. I for one, am not interested in going back......

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
Madison, Wisconsin
“Cozy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

A cozy restaurant nestled in the ground floor of Trinity Lodge, specializing in fish. The food and service were both very good and reservations are highly recommended.

Visited October 2012
“Average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Lunched with friends recently. Menu reads well. Soft shell crab was tasty, could be cooked in a lighter batter though. Fish finger wrap with skinny fries was exactly that. A side of roasted beets would have been much better received if they weren't ice cold. Service was hit and miss. Pricing is reasonable. Maybe dinner is a better bet.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Anaheim, California
“Bites was Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Make sure to get a reservation BEFORE you plan to dine. This is a fantastic restaurant that features a delicious menu, terrific service and a funky ambiance. I highly recommend it if you want something off the beaten path.

Visited September 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Great food terrible service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I went to bite last night with one of my friends. When we arrived we were shown to our table and left left to wait, for I'm not joking, nearly 20 minutes before anyone came near us to take any order, even to take a drink order or offer water. We were not in a rush and could have passed the time sipping on one of their signature Cocktails but as there was no service that's a moot point.

Once the food arrived it was lovely, good value and high quality.

All would have been forgiven if only, because of the great food, and this pains me, if only, when my friend who kindly was paying and complained about the service hadn't been dismissed so nonchalantly by who I believe was the manager that night.

That is unforgivable. So so much as the food was great the staff treatment of the service criticism was so poor I won't be returning.

• Visited October 2012