“Fabulous Central Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Dawson Hotel & Spa

You added The Dawson Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
The Dawson Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Dawson Street, Dublin 2, Ireland (Formerly La Stampa Hotel)   |
Ranked #105 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Fabulous Central Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Myself & my husband spend a night in town at Christmas time every year and have stayed here for the last few. Booked a suite for an extra few euro and wow what a fabulous room, luxurious, warm and beautifully decorated. Didn't want to leave the room. Since our last visit reception has been moved upstairs to the first floor which is really nice. Staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Just one thing was there was some hair in the bath plug hole which was off putting. Will definitely be going back again to stay here.

lastampa, Manager at The Dawson Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear MeathJohn
Thank you for taking your time and effort in sharing your experience at La Stampa.
We are delighted to hear you had a fantastic stay with us.
I also want to thank you for your kind words about our hotel, Junior Suites and especially our staff. We are indeed fortunate to have and to work with a great team of dedicated people.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel for another great experience.
Best regards,
Daniel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Turkish first
TULLAMORE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed over night, hotel very worn looking, room not very pleasant, a lot if noise at the back, really needs updating for the price, hotel receptionist not very pleasant , just great location, torn carpets

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Clearyk
Thank you for taking your time to post your review.
I’m terribly sorry to hear that your experience in our hotel was not satisfactory.
On behalf of all staff at front desk, please accept our apologies in case someone seemed somewhat unpleasant. We do take all comments on board, good or bad and will always use every opportunity to rectify any misgivings where possible. With this in mind, I would be very grateful if you could email me directly a more detailed feedback so we can reflect on it and see what went wrong that day.
We do hope that you will give us a second chance and look forward welcoming you to the hotel again.

daniel@lastampa.ie
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Fantastic central location. Bedrooms are beautifully decoration, furniture, etc., very Marie Antoinette. Only minus is the stairs, Don't book here if you cannot manage steep stairs as the lift is tricking to find. But if the stairs are not a problem for you we recommend the Junior Suites. .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
lastampa, Manager at The Dawson Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear SouthCountBoy,
Thank you so much for posting your review.
We are all glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and you were happy with our hotel and its location.
We look forward to welcoming you to La Stampa again soon.

Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Our room was at the back and it seemed to be beside a restaurant which had a fan that was going all night. We could not open the windows or we would not be able to sleep with the noise. The furniture was very outdated. We ordered breakfast the next morning which arrived late and was luke warm. For the amount we paid for the room I expected alot better.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Jennifer
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am sorry to read that we have not met your expectations on this occasion.
I would like to assure you that we are now looking to address the outdoor fan issue and have also shared your feedback with restaurant staff regarding breakfast standards.
On behalf of all staff, please accept our apologies for all the inconveniences caused.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback as it allows us to learn and address these problems and ultimately improve our service.
In order to prove this to you, I would appreciate if you could contact me directly for any future reservation.
daniel@lastmpa.ie
Dublin Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed here for business but would definitely stay again as a couple or with friends. I was concerned, as it is on Dawson Street beside nightclubs and late bars that it would be loud but I heard nothing from the street below. The room was enormous, the bed luxurious and the little touches like fresh fruit, free water bottles, fresh flowers (yellow roses, my favourite!) all made for a really lovely stay. The staff were very helpful and all needs were met.

Room Tip: I was in a room overlooking the Mansion House on Dawson Street. it was really lovely.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Caradog,

Thank you so much for your kind words following your recent stay with us.
I was so happy to read that, once again, our team have made sure you have had a great stay with us.

We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel for another great experience.

Tralee, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and I booked 2 nights.... Never again.
On arrival we were led to a room at the end of what was a dingy corridor.
What was supposed to be boutique room was musty, smelly, poorly cleaned and really not what they advertised. We immediately voiced our concerns and were returned to reception with the porter, we were offered a lame excuse as to the condition of the room and the option of cancelling the booking. I can assure you , that this was the first time we have ever had to cancel a booking anywhere!!!!!.... And to be quite honest, relieved to do . To add insult to injury, reception didn't offer to call us a cab, suggest an alternative hotel or even make an effort of an apology...... Shame on you La Stampa....... Hospitality and customer care at its worst !!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't believe the photos !!!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
lastampa, Manager at The Dawson Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Tony,
I am most disappointed to read you did not like the room and have checked out from the hotel after just few minutes.
Firstly, I would like to take this opportunity to offer my sincerer apologies for any shortcomings in our service standards. Being a small hotel, we strive to deliver a high standard of personalised service to all our guests and in this case it appears your expectations were not met.
In the same time, I have researched the situation and I understand that our housekeeping staff has put in the extra effort to have a room ready for you earlier than the normal check-in time. They did manage and we were happy to have you checked in earlier. I also understand that you have immediately expressed your dissatisfaction about the smell in the room to the hotel porter and returned to the front desk two minutes later.
Both, the hotel porter and the receptionist assured me that they did offer you to see other rooms as many of them were still available and in cleaning process.
While I do respect your choice to check out, I guess my colleagues were only a bit surprised by how quick the decision was taken and, indeed, as a result they did not offer to call a taxi or to call another hotel. For this I can only ask you to accept our sincere apologies again.
Tony, I’d like to thank you for your valuable feedback as it allows us to learn and address existing problems and ultimately improve our service.
Stafford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night, although the hotel is undergoing renevations at the lobby and stairs (maybe following reviews)' I found the staff to be great, room and shower excellent and breakfast was fantastic.

Location is very good near st. Stephens sq. and just near main shopping drag. I have to say that there was a nightclub next door which I heard as going to bed but didn't stop me sleeping.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
lastampa, Manager at The Dawson Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope it won't be too long before you are back again.

Daniel

Been to The Dawson Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!