“Central Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Dawson Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added The Dawson Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
The Dawson Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Dawson Street, Dublin 2, Ireland (Formerly La Stampa Hotel)   |
Ranked #108 of 177 hotels in Dublin
Dublin
“Central Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Fantastic central location. Bedrooms are beautifully decoration, furniture, etc., very Marie Antoinette. Only minus is the stairs, Don't book here if you cannot manage steep stairs as the lift is tricking to find. But if the stairs are not a problem for you we recommend the Junior Suites. .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
lastampa, Manager at The Dawson Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear SouthCountBoy,
Thank you so much for posting your review.
We are all glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and you were happy with our hotel and its location.
We look forward to welcoming you to La Stampa again soon.

343 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Turkish first
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Our room was at the back and it seemed to be beside a restaurant which had a fan that was going all night. We could not open the windows or we would not be able to sleep with the noise. The furniture was very outdated. We ordered breakfast the next morning which arrived late and was luke warm. For the amount we paid for the room I expected alot better.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Jennifer
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am sorry to read that we have not met your expectations on this occasion.
I would like to assure you that we are now looking to address the outdoor fan issue and have also shared your feedback with restaurant staff regarding breakfast standards.
On behalf of all staff, please accept our apologies for all the inconveniences caused.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback as it allows us to learn and address these problems and ultimately improve our service.
In order to prove this to you, I would appreciate if you could contact me directly for any future reservation.
daniel@lastmpa.ie
Dublin Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed here for business but would definitely stay again as a couple or with friends. I was concerned, as it is on Dawson Street beside nightclubs and late bars that it would be loud but I heard nothing from the street below. The room was enormous, the bed luxurious and the little touches like fresh fruit, free water bottles, fresh flowers (yellow roses, my favourite!) all made for a really lovely stay. The staff were very helpful and all needs were met.

Room Tip: I was in a room overlooking the Mansion House on Dawson Street. it was really lovely.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Caradog,

Thank you so much for your kind words following your recent stay with us.
I was so happy to read that, once again, our team have made sure you have had a great stay with us.

We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel for another great experience.

Tralee, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and I booked 2 nights.... Never again.
On arrival we were led to a room at the end of what was a dingy corridor.
What was supposed to be boutique room was musty, smelly, poorly cleaned and really not what they advertised. We immediately voiced our concerns and were returned to reception with the porter, we were offered a lame excuse as to the condition of the room and the option of cancelling the booking. I can assure you , that this was the first time we have ever had to cancel a booking anywhere!!!!!.... And to be quite honest, relieved to do . To add insult to injury, reception didn't offer to call us a cab, suggest an alternative hotel or even make an effort of an apology...... Shame on you La Stampa....... Hospitality and customer care at its worst !!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't believe the photos !!!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
lastampa, Manager at The Dawson Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Tony,
I am most disappointed to read you did not like the room and have checked out from the hotel after just few minutes.
Firstly, I would like to take this opportunity to offer my sincerer apologies for any shortcomings in our service standards. Being a small hotel, we strive to deliver a high standard of personalised service to all our guests and in this case it appears your expectations were not met.
In the same time, I have researched the situation and I understand that our housekeeping staff has put in the extra effort to have a room ready for you earlier than the normal check-in time. They did manage and we were happy to have you checked in earlier. I also understand that you have immediately expressed your dissatisfaction about the smell in the room to the hotel porter and returned to the front desk two minutes later.
Both, the hotel porter and the receptionist assured me that they did offer you to see other rooms as many of them were still available and in cleaning process.
While I do respect your choice to check out, I guess my colleagues were only a bit surprised by how quick the decision was taken and, indeed, as a result they did not offer to call a taxi or to call another hotel. For this I can only ask you to accept our sincere apologies again.
Tony, I’d like to thank you for your valuable feedback as it allows us to learn and address existing problems and ultimately improve our service.
Stafford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night, although the hotel is undergoing renevations at the lobby and stairs (maybe following reviews)' I found the staff to be great, room and shower excellent and breakfast was fantastic.

Location is very good near st. Stephens sq. and just near main shopping drag. I have to say that there was a nightclub next door which I heard as going to bed but didn't stop me sleeping.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
lastampa, Manager at The Dawson Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope it won't be too long before you are back again.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

...the EXTREMELY and I mean EXTREMELY loud night club next door... Bump bump bump techno music all night long 10:30pm-3pm ish. Actually, the first few nights we stayed here were quite pleasant ... Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday... Thursday night comes around and all hell breaks loose next door. Don't take my word, see for yourself, book a room here.

Staff was excellent, so accommodating... ZERO complaints. Location is fantastic. Classic room is a nice size, the shower had great water pressure. Bed comfort is so so. The main stairs are tiring (3 flights) after a long day.

Summary: I will not stay here again until the bump bump bump nightclub next door becomes an old folks home. PERIOD, the end.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Mcid3
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us in the first place.
I am extremely sorry to read how your experience with us has gone bad at the end.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the noise.
I may assure you that we are now looking to address this issue as the room allocated to you should not be affected by the noise from the bar next door any day. Thank you again for informing us.
I’d also like to thank you for the kind comments towards our staff and the room.
In order to show you our best, I would appreciate if you could contact me directly for any future reservation.

daniel@lastampa.ie
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Great Location !! Inside the hotel is a little disappointing (stairs and hallway) but the rooms are gorgeous !! staff friendly !! The bar is fantastic and overall will definately be returning again !!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

lastampa, Manager at The Dawson Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Caroline,

Thank you for taking your time to post the review.
We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and you liked our rooms and bar.
I also want to thank you for your kind words about our staff.
We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel for another great experience.

Best regards,
Daniel

Been to The Dawson Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!