“Outstanding hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Vero Beach, Florida
“Outstanding hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the night before we flew back to the U.S. the rooms we beautifully done and the first night we had had air conditioning in 4 days! We got a much needed rest before flying home. The staff were very helpful and the breakfast the next morning was incredibly tasty!

Stayed July 2013
Pius F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin-Northwood, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your fantastic review on Tripadvisor.

It is always great to receive such great feedback!

I look forward to hearing from you.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Roseau, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express next door. Was told by the front desk at the H.I.E that they had food at the Crowne Plaza. Decided to try the bar foor as the menu at the other restaurant in the hotel wasn't to my liking.
I entered thebar and stood at the main door near the waitress station for about 5 minutes. No one paid any attention to me standing there. I eventually had to ask a waitress if i could see a menu. Only then did she say that it was seat yourself!
I sat down at my table, looked at the menu and was ready to order. I closed my menu and waited......... about 10-12 minutes later, the waitress finally came to the table. I ordered a steak panini sandwich (around 20-21 Euro..came with a small salad and a handful of fries). The sandwich came out and it was cooked perfectly (medium rare). I took my first bite, and it was good, really good. But.....3 different times during the course of eating my sandwich, i had to take it out of my mouth, put it down on my plate, and cut with my knife. It was that tough!! Probably one of the top 3 toughest steak sandwiches i've ever had in my life(i'm 46)!! If i were older and had dentures, they would have pulled out of my mouth !!
I finished my meal and was ready for desert. So i waited, and waited, and waited. No go......nothing. A waiter happened to walk by me and could see i was waiting. He asked if i needed anything. I told him that i would like to see the desert menu. He got me the menu and took my order. The cake came out and it was great ! But, 15 minutes to go get a pc. of cake..........really??
I was done and ready to pay. Then.......can you guess ?? Waited and nothing.......I had to flag down the waitress and ask for my bill ! Total price was around 33 euro not including tip!!!
Total time for this meal........about 1 hour and 15 minutes !!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin-Northwood, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear wndowman,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G
Letterkenny, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband & I travelled to Dublin for an informal university reunion & to visit relatives. We chose the Crowne Plaza Northwood due to its convenience for both these purposes & based on a previous visit by myself to this hotel for work last year. We arrived at half seven in the evening after a three hour drive in very hot weather, only to be informed that no rooms were currently ready & it would be a 30 minute - 1 hour wait. The attitude of reception staff was decidedly poor & a request to speak to the duty manager was side-stepped. A room was eventually procured for us & we only just made our dinner reservation in a nearby restuarant.
The hotel room was clean & well maintained; breakfast offered a good variety of cereals, continental choices & hot food; we ate in the bar on our second evening - a tasty meal from a decent menu (cold mushy peas served with the fish excepted); staff in all other areas were pleasant & helpful. A sincere apology was offered by the reception manager on check-out for how we greeted on check-in, which was appreciated but a little late. A hotel that I had a reasonable regard for has regrettably dipped in my esteem & I doubt I would opt to stay here again on our next trip to Dublin.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin-Northwood, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear northern_highlights,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We are delighted about your positive comments with the room condition and the breakfast. It is always our goal to provide the best possible service and create memorable experiences and on this occasion we apologize we did not exceed your expectations with the service you received. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

We value your comments and hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again very soon.

Karen C
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from another trade show that we run at the crowne plaza we have been doing this show at the crowne plaza for about 7years and never have any problems the staff are very friendly and certainly do go out of their way to make us feel very much at home. Nothing is too much trouble for the management and staff this time we had other companies showing with us and they too were very impressed so much so we have all booked our next show great hotel and staff Keep up the good work

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your fantastic review on Tripadvisor.

It is always great to receive such fantastic feedback, from a regular client, on so many aspects of both our hotel, Management and Team Members !

I look forward to hearing from you.

Siloam Springs, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times in the last ten years. I have always enjoyed my stay, the restaurants are good. The guest rooms have been very nice indeed, with a good quiet sleep. The location is excellent in my opinion, close to the Dublin International Airport with a free shuttle and yet a short bus ride from the Dublin City Center. BUT, there has been a steady decrease in service, cleanness, and overall maintenance standards. I think the management needs to pay more attention so that they can keep their status as an excellent place to stay while in Dublin. Right now, they have some work to do. The Club room is very nice indeed, but on the weekends there is NO service at all, disappointing.

Room Tip: Get on the Club floor if you can.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ballymuck,

I appreciate your feedback about our property. It is nice to know that we have hosted you on several occasions and you find our location to be convenient. However, I regret that this most recent visit was a disappointment due to the level of service received and maintenance level being sub standard. Please be assured that your comments have been noted and this shall be forwarded to the appropriate departments to consider for enhancements needed.

Regards,

Pam G
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the end of our recent trip to Ireland. We had some last minute touring we wanted to do North of Dublin so this location worked out rather well. We had an early flight out and the van service was right on time. As noted below be sure to reserve space on the shuttle. This is a busy, business hotel, and the staff is used to working at a fast pace, so don't expect the same level of friendliness you will find in the rest of Ireland.
We did find it strange that the main hotel restaurant features Thai food. I really have to wonder who thought that was the right idea for a hotel at the airport in Ireland (or any other city for that matter). This means we found ourselves eating in the café/pub as their is nowhere to walk or really drive around the hotel.
Set your expectations to an airport hotel anywhere in the world and this will work.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin-Northwood, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Sherpa2286,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased our location suited you well. On the other hand, I would like to apologize for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and regret our restaurant did not live up to your expectations. We truly value your feedback, all the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve, as these give us the opportunity of improving what we can offer to improve your stay.

Joel B
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

There is a shuttle that will pick you up from the airport. It is a bit of a walk, go to #14, I think. The shuttle is just for Crowne Plaza and runs every 30 mins. The hotel is pretty with nice landscaping on the outside. Check in was fast and the rooms were big, clean and quiet. The bar area is really nice with a lounge that has a fish tank and couches, or the bar itself with Tv's everywhere showing sports. There is also an asian fusion restaurant that is good with a few irish favorites on the menu as well. The hotel will give you a wake up call. They have air conditioning and free wi-fi ,also, ice buckets (which are rare in ireland) are in your room. The bus that takes you to the airport in the morning is really large, so don't worry about them having room for you. They do still drop you off in between terminal 1 and 2 and there is a bit of a walk, 3 mins, but it is not bad if your luggage has wheels or if you grab one of the luggage carts. I would highly recommend this hotel if you need to stay near the airport. We stayed here on our last night before we headed home. We were able to return our rental car and then we grabbed the hotel shuttle van from the airport. Worked out nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review on Tripadvisor, covering so many aspects of our hotel!

It is always great to receive such high recommendation !

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Dublin-Northwood.

General Manager.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin-Northwood? Share your experiences!