“Best meal I've ever had!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 1,830 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Best meal I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I went here with my boyfriend for dinner mid week. We had the surprise tasting menu with the matching wines- it was absolutely amazing. Each course was full of flavor and the dishes were beautifully presented. The wines were really well paired and the sommelier was very knowledgable and so friendly. The staff were really lovely and not at all over bearing.
Having eaten in quite a few Michelin star restaurants I don't understand why the greenhouse doesn't have one yet- it was by far the best meal I have ever had.
It is expensive but definitely worth it for a special occasion!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Danbury, Connecticut
“Food is great but staff a bit stuffy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Had lunch from set menu .25 euro for two course or 30 euro for three course. Selected the main course and desert since the weather had given me two bad days in Dublin and i had a slight cold and this not the place you get chicken soup. The cod was perfectly cooked and the presentation was sublime. The passion fruit soufflé was rich, light and tasty. The best soufflé I ever had . The best meal I had in Dublin.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ireland
“"Wowed"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Absolutely wowed by our meal in the Greenhouse. The level of attention & service was amazing and each course was a taste sensation. The flavour from each element on the dish seemed heightened or enhanced by the other elements on the plate. We had the 5 course menu and from the arrival of the bread we knew we were in for a great experience and every course delivered. So much so that I came home and wrote down everything I could remember so I can relive the meal again and again. With the level of work & attention to detail on dislay I can't understand this is not a Michelin star restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London UK
“Underwhelmed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Myself and 3 colleagues had the surprise 5 course lunch taster menu here on 7th June. Having read the largely gushing reviews on this site, we had raised expectations. The food was interesting, creative and delightfully presented but somehow the overall experience was lacking. The service was competent and generally professional if a tad overbearing at times and it was a considerable challenge to understand many of the annunciations of the heavily accented waiting staff. One particular indigenous male waiter was absurdly prissy in approach and manner.

Matching wines were excellently paired and served by a very competent female sommelier.

There was a distinct absence of any 'wow' factor within our group of 4 seasoned foodies.

Charging for coffee having relieved us of €100 each for lunch is just plain mean.

Won't be rushing back in a hurry.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
North West
“Disappointing......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Went for the surprise taster menu with wines and was very disappointed. The waiter service was snooty (although a word for the sommelier who was lovely!) - I mean come on lads, you're waiters FFS!!!!! We were paying 100 euro per head and you don't expect the staff to be snotty with you. The food was okay but frankly pretentious at times - which is a shame as when it was good it was very good. But as in all things, you go for the experience and the experience was under par. What was quite silly was the 'explanation' of each course left us none the wiser! We had all previously eaten at Michelin starred restaurants so had an expectation - which wasn't met. To add insult to injury we were charged for sparkling water we hadn't had. Tsk!

Visited June 2013