“Lived up to all expectaions” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“Lived up to all expectaions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

What an experience! The complexity of each dish was astounding and the way so many flavours came together was sublime. Surely one and possibly two stars beckon. Prices might seem high but you get what you pay for. It's also worth pointing out that it's wheelchair friendly (albeit a little tight), which is a rarity among high end restaurants in Dublin. This was a business meal but a return visit with my wife is a definite.

• Visited January 2013

Balbriggan, Ireland
“Very good restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I am new tripadvisor as a friend told me I should join! So I have plenty of reviews to write.

I have to start on the green house,I had two meals here when it first open and I left very happy.
The strange flavour combinations just all seem to work,and the service was second to none.
This is right up there with any meal I had in any michelin star restaurant food wise I did feel as the dinning room was not as "grand" as others

Looking forward to my next vist. Well done the green house

• Visited July 2012
Dublin
“Top end stuff with a price to match”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My wife and I visited in December for our anniversary with very high expectations after a few reports from friends. They have done a great job with the decor and insulating the room from the busy Dawson Street.

The amuse bouche that arrived at the table were spectacular and a great surprise - five different types including a crispy cod skin which was amazingly good.

We opted for the 5 course tasting menu with matched wines and overall the standard of food was pretty much as good as it gets - highlights included hay smoked partridge and an English ice-pressed cider.

The only disappointment was the significant price increase for December for what was almost an identical menu from when we booked - the price increase was exactly 25% so not insignificant considering the already high prices - this did not spoil the occassion though and we were on a high as we left.

Overeall our experience was excellent although, for most people, this would be a special occassion place as it does charge a premium.

• Visited December 2012
“Excellent!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

The Greenhouse is by far the best restaurant in Dublin. Having eaten in all of the Michelin star restaurants, the Greenhouse is streets ahead. The presentation is first class and the food Devine. Our waiter could have been friendlier, he appeared somewhat cocky! Nevertheless it won't stop me returning for more delicious food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Not convinced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The food was lovely, lots of flavour and fantastic presentation. The staff were friendly and attentive. The atmosphere and decor are only ok, a modern room that they have tried to make more cosy by adding shimmering drapes... the effect was a little claustrophobic. Why am I not convinced? Because it was very, very expensive and didn't deliver the quality or the experience that would justify the high end prices. At this price level, the expectation is (and should be) much higher.