“Best Seafood Chowder in Dublin” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #413 of 1,890 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, International
Description: Arthurs is the nearest pub to The Guinness Storehouse. An ideal spot for tourists to grab a drink and a bit of food and sit by our open fireplaceWe offer free Wi-FiWe play an eclectic mix of Irish Music, all day, and have live music sessions every weekend with gigs nights coming very soon.We do not have a television, because it could interfere with the relaxed ambiance, the banter and the conversation.Upstairs at Arthurs, we have a room available for private parties, functions, and also as a separate music venue.
Sandy Creek Qld
“Best Seafood Chowder in Dublin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Good food and god selection of beer and ales. No TV in downstairs bar an advantage as it is not noisy. Staff are really good and provide great service. Locals have told us that Arthur's serves the best fish & chips in Dublin. If this is not true the they are up there with the best

Visited September 2013

“Worth a trip to Dublin's west-side to check out their Seafood Chowder”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Look, I'm not normally one to post reviews on "pub-grub" because frankly, most of the time Irish (or English) pub-grub is not very notable. However, Arthur's in west Dublin (about two blocks and an easy-5-minute walk from the world-famous Guinness Storehouse Brewery), is an exception. While most of the fare is "serviceable" one item that stands out is the Seafood Chowder (only $6 EU!), with a robust (but not heavy) broth, and generous helpings of delicious and hearty chunks of salmon, shellfish and calamari, each retaining its own unique flavor. So often, pub-grub Seafood Chowder is weighted down with a heavy cream that homogenizes the flavors into a fishy slop... but truly, Arthur's has got it right with their incredible recipe, well worth checking out. This is also a popular hangout for young locals, especially those in the internet and media fields, due to its close proximity to major player offices. Check it out, and if you're visiting the Guinness Storehouse, Arthur's is a great way to cap the afternoon!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Irish Pub Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We were greated and seated promptly in this comfy Irish pub. We were immediately told the daily special and when I asked what the soup of the day was our server offered me a sample. Our food was out within 10 min of order and was very fresh. Highly recommend this pub.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Highland Beach, Florida
“Good place for lunch on way to Guinness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Read reviews and decided to have lunch here before visiting Guinness Storehouse. Service friendly and helpful. Food very good pub food. Had small beef & Guinness stew. Very large serving and glad didn't order large portion.

Visited August 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Great selection of beers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have walked by this place on my way home so many times. I always wondered what it was like so I popped in the other day. It was 4.30 in the afternoon and fairly quiet. I had the paper and fancied a quiet pint. They have a great selection of tap beers and also a great range of craft bottle beers. Funnily enough I ordered a long of Guinness- well it is called Arthur's- and it was delicious. I liked the pint so much, I stated and had a second one.
There seemed to be a good mix of tourists and locals eating here. They have a decent food menu although I didn't eat this time around.
The staff were friendly and I liked the vibe of the place. I will go back again and try some if the unusual tap beers- metal man looks good! A handy stop off point if you are a tourist heading to the Guinness factory or Royal hospital. Handy if you're a near local like me too

Visited August 2013