“Excellent food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #97 of 1,811 restaurants in Dublin
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Utilizing the very best of seasonal and foraged local produce, we aim to provide a unique dining experience in Dublin. Our extensive selection of wines from around the world caters for every budget.
Ottawa, Ontario
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We ate at Isabel's on the second night of our visit to Dublin. It was a bit of a walk from our hotel, but it was worth the effort to go there. It's a very popular place, so it's best to make a reservation, even on weeknights. The food and service are great and with the early bird menus, the prices are very close to what we'd pay in Ottawa or Toronto for similar food, service, and atmosphere.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

90% Recommend
Dublin
“Worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I live locally and had been meaning to try this place out for lunch. I went in one Monday and was pleasantly surprised. The decor is very wine-barish; and I certainly wouldn't recommend this as a venue for a working lunch or business lunch as all the tables are very close together. Cosy to say the least.

The menu is nice and simple - with a nice soup and gourmet sandwich option. That's what I went for and was very pleased with the quality of food, presentation and value I received.

Service was a bit dis-jointed. There was only one person working on the floor. My colleague and I got the impression that in order to save a few bob the manager had obviously decided to do what they expected to be a quiet lunch on his own - however he seemed a little overwhelmed and the lack of attention took away from the whole experience. Having said that, it didn't put me off and I shall return.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“4 stars for food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The food was excellent, the wine recommended was delicious and we had a lovely evening. The service was unobtrusive, in fact I would say a little too unobtrusive I think we were only asked when they cleared the plates away, we had to pour our own water and we were not asked if we wanted more too drink - I like a little more from my service from a restaurant of this quality to match the food and price - you want to feel like you have been treated. I loved the decor and the atmosphere was nice but nothing amazing.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia Water, United Kingdom
“Fabulous.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

In the 12 years we have been coming to Ireland this has to be the best meal out we have ever had, the quality was excellent every course we had was superb and when put together with the great service and ambience it’s up there with the best, we left very happy and are still talking about our evening at Isabel’s.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We dined at Isabel's last evening and the food was fabulous. The presentation was artistic, the chef is amazing with creative ingredients that blend perfectly. I can honestly say that I savored every bite. The service was impeccable.

Visited May 2013