“Good Full Irish” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: European, Family Fare, Eclectic
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a part of Dublin since 1947 and have been here for four generations. We strive to make sure that every guest that comes through our door is greeted, served, and thanked for their custom. We use local businesses to supply our menu, and ensure that we have the right produce at the right price, for you, our guest. See you soon!
Dun Laoghaire, Ireland
“Good Full Irish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Went here for brunch today. It was €9.95 which included tea or coffee. Over all it was very nice except the black and white pudding- the texture was weird, too soft, under-cooked maybe? I think it would be nice if they offered the option of having beans with your breakfast because I missed them. Good service if a little slow.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Cheap and Cheerful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Nice 1970's menu, usual mix of sambos, frys/grills, some classic salads and done old favourite entrees as well mce selection of deserts.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Great value in the city centre.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I'm a Dubliner and I remember my grandmother bringing me to Sherie's in the 60s and 70s for tea and cake, sitting up at the old counter. I remember going to Sherie's in the mid 1980s for the 99p breakfast at the same counter, but I hadn't been back in years.

Tonight I was at the theatre and was heading to another restaurant when we passed Sherie's. Partly for old times sake, I convinced my friend to try it and we went in. My friend and I had a delicious meal, but the dessert was something else. It reminded me of some of the delicate pastries you get in Eastern European cafés. I don't know if the pastry chef is Polish, but wherever the chef is from, he/she is very good.

Excellent service, lovely food and good value.
They have a new menu starting soon and I may have to go back and try it.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Absolutely worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Wandered into Sherries and was immediately welcomed by Adam (manager/owner). Was made feel very welcome and felt my custom was appreciated. Ordered coffees x2 and a delightful sandwich. Food came in reasonable time and was immediate offered water with food. The decor is fantastic, food fantastic, but most importantly the staff are attentive and interesting but unobtrusive! I would highly recommend a visit to Sherries, and I promise you won't be disappointed!! G

Manila Philippines
“A little gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I must have passed this place dozens of times and not noticed it, but last night we needed a quick pre theatre bite, and there it was! Very little I can add to the other positive posts except to say that whenever you need a relaxed, casual, friendly, value for money place to eat in Dublin, this is it. Certainly, Adam is a perfect example of what a good restaurant manager / host should be and we were particularly impressed with how he approached a 'special' diner during our visit. May your tribe (and profits) increase!

• Visited March 2014