“Will Return” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Belvedere Hotel

You added The Belvedere Hotel to your Saves list
The Belvedere Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Great Denmark Street | Off Parnell Square, Dublin, Ireland   |
Ranked #68 of 172 Hotels in Dublin
Enniskillen, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Will Return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Arriving at the hotel completely and visibly exhausted the housekeeper Donna suggested a room we could have without having to wait. We were brought to our room and my initial thought was it was very spacious and airy. We went into town and found that my bankcard didn't work in the cash machines and having tried to get cash back on a few times to get cash back without success I returned to the Belvedere quite upset. The girls at reception did try and help but couldn't give me cash off my card. I had sterling with me and Donna said she would have a word with the bar man who may change it for me, she brought me up to the room and said she'd see what she could do. Within 20 minutes she was back at my door with Euros for my sterling. The room itself was spotless, the bathroom was immaculately clean with ample towels. I didn't relaise it was a smoking room until I saw an ashtray on the table.. There was no musty smell (what is the trick?). There were a few wee things if you were to be really picky. the nets had a couple of cigarette burns and the safe in my particular room didnt work but i was advised to leave any valuables in reception. Overall our experience was made a million times better by the staff. We didn't stop for breakfast but it is 8 Euro for an adult and 4 for kids which to me seems like great value. I will be back.. with plenty of Euros next time.. thank you. It is also in an excellent location within spitting distance of Parnell Square and O'Connell Street.. If yu get a chance visit the Garden of Remembrance which is just around the corner.. Beautiful

Room Tip: I've read reviews that the Hotel opposite can get quite rowdy at closing time but we slept fine.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Dade City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We spent the first two nights of a 10 day tour at the Belvedere. The pub downstairs was charming, with local music both nights we were there. The rooms were clean and of average size and the staff was pleasant. One of the best things about the Belvedere was the location. Convenient walking distance to city center made our city walks easy.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

You always get what you pay for, but this hotel was surprisingly good. Along with my girlfriend, we stayed there for a total of four nights, and the overall experience was very good. The staff was very accomodating and friendly. As long as you put the sign up on the door handle, the room was always fresh and clean in the matter of a couple of hours.

Along with being cheap and decent, it also sports a superb location. In only a matter of five minutes walking, you can reach the center of Dublin. It's just fifteen minutes down to Grafton street and Trinity College area, where there's lots of sightseeing and shopping.

The criticism I manage to wrestle up was that the room was very warm. During the night, I tend to want the room to be somewhat cold to ensure good quality sleep, and this wasn't possible. We opened the window as the room did not have air conditioning, but this lead to quite a bit of noise as our room (305) had its windows facing the street.

All-in-all, it's a solid hotel with a prime location and a low price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Gatwick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We had booked two rooms for my friend and I and our two sons.Finding the hotel was a little confusing as Great Denmark Street appears to begin half way down the road. Our room was situated right at the front of the hotel on the first floor by the Irish flag. Lovely until the hotel/club across the road (Barrys Hotel) kicked out the drunks at all times between 01.00 and 06.00. The noise of screaming, shouting and loud, out of tune singing, could have woken the dead! We had very little sleep and did ring reception on our last night at 03.00!!! The room was clean and well serviced with tea and coffee. Towels were plentiful and thick. Breakfast was excellent with a good choice. Great location for the tour buses and for walking into town. Such a shame about the noise. Ask for a rear room if you like to sleep at night!

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the road due to excessive noise!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Bromley, Kent, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I stayed here from 3-6 April 2012 with 4 family members aged 10-70. It is a lovely hotel. Old, but clean and looked after. Only had 1 small problem during whole trip and that was a burst pipe knocked the heating out on the first night so it was cold. The reception desk was very apologetic and happily gave us extra blankets and an electric heater. Heating was back the next day and the hotel was warm. Staff are all lovely and very helpful. Restaurant was really nice. We ate there twice and enjoyed both meals. Hotel is in a great location. Just round the corner from O'Connell Street where all the hop on/hop off buses start and a short 5 minute walk from where the AirBus coach stops in O'Connell Street. If we ever go back to Dublin we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed April 2012
Tampere, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Very good location. Only 15 minute walk to the Temple Bar area. Shopping street and center 5 minute walk. Staff was helpful and nice. Room was what we expected. Flushing sound from our toilet was horribe sounds like tunder. But room was clean and bed was comfortable. We did´t like that we have only one double size blanket. Room was little bit too small fot luggages.
During our stay there where electricity problems and we didn´t have warm water fot two days. One time we didn´t have power at all.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Cork,Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stayed here with my family because of its proximity to the Mater Hospital so it was ideal for this purpose. Clean ish, they were renovating when i was there. Would not recommend the "restaurant" food was awful but the breakfast on the other hand was lovely. Very nice Cork girl at reception who was most helpful and accommodating. I would stay here again as its also a great location for a city break

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family