“Gets better every year” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #114 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
Kilkenny
“Gets better every year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

SInce I last stayed new management have taken over hotel there have been noticeable signs of improvement particularly to the decor of the hotel. Staff friendliness still remains one of their strong points from Reservation enquiries (I dealt with Naresh) to Floor Managers, Reception and bar staff. The food has also improved in the past year.

Room Tip: The Towers rooms are the best but I can see the Inn rooms are being upgraded at the moment. Second...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
BallsbridgeGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Ballsbridge Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Patrick L,

Thank you for choosing The Ballsbridge Hotel again and also for your very positive feedback and wonderful comments on your recent stay. I am absolutely delighted to hear it was so enjoyable.
We are refurbishing the last remaining block of our classic rooms at the moment with over 220 completed to date and our new Executive Head Chef has redesigned all of our menus which promises that every guests culinary experience will be a memorable one.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to The Ballsbridge Hotel when you are next in Dublin.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I was looking at a few reviews regarding this hotel. Alot were complaining about workmen and the noise. I encountered this but i did realise that if the hotel is to improve it needs work to be done. Simple. The only complaint i have was the heat in the room was too hot and i was unable to adjust it. But thats nothing to worry about. Overall i feel i got more than what i paid for.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I recently organised my hockey ball for 200 people in the Ballsbridge Hotel. I was very satisfied with the night. The event team in the hotel were very efficient and were there on their emails or on their phones all day to answer any questions I had. They were extremely nice and easy to deal with. The security on the night were brilliant which meant there was no trouble on the night. The waiting staff were brilliant and were well experienced serving big crowds of students. The food was exactly what you wanted too, with a special shout out to the apple pie which was truly delicious. The bar offer good prices and the bedrooms are very clean too.
I would recommend anyone to organize any event there. Very good location too so can go to town easily afterwards.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Ballina, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed at the Ballsbridge Hotel for the Ireland vs Wales rugby international and found it to be an enjoyable and comfortable stay. A special word of praise must go to Gemma on reception who dealt with us promptly and with a smile. The other staff were both friendly and helpful for the duration of our stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying for a game/concert in the Aviva in the future. The only disappointing aspect of our stay was the charging of 10 euro for parking for guests.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Patrick B,

Thank you for leaving your comments regarding your recent stay with us, It is the hotel’s aim to ensure our guests fully enjoy their stay with us no matter how long or short their stay.

I hope you choose to stay at The Ballsbridge Hotel again when in Dublin.

Merseyside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

My Mum and I stayed at the Ballsbridge as we were in Dublin to attend a family funeral. I emailed to ask if we could book in at 8am instead of 2pm booking in time and our room was ready when we arrived. The rooms are lovely, they are spacious, clean, nicely furnished with very comfortable beds and a lovely bathroom.
My mum is 78 and took ill while we were there. The management were brilliant they phoned late night pharmacies and a lovely lady from Rathgar late night chemist actually came to the hotel with medicine for my mum. Managers Martin and Joe really pulled out all the stops and made me feel so supported as mum was quite ill but did not want to go to hospital.
They brought drinks to the room telephoned regularly to check on her and all the staff were so informed of what was going on.
Our flight was late so we were allowed to stay in our room until we were ready to leave for the airport. We can not thank them enough and will certainly be going back.
The staff at this hotel really go the extra mile and that is worth bearing in mind.
You can catch a bus into town jut across the road from the hotel and I think it is about 3-4 stops the busses are very reliable. If you turn left at the main gates and walk up the road you come to some lovely restaurants and shops. The Airbus from the airport stops right outside the hotel.

The Ballsbridge Hotel is in a really up-market area but the prices are so good and the breakfast is second to none.
Try it for yourself you will be pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: Always email ahead if you have a preference, if they can do it they will
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear disapointedmerseyide,

Many thanks for your very positive review, Ill be sure to pass on your kind words to Martin & Joe.

I hope to get the chance to personally welcome you back to The Ballsbridge Hotel on your next trip to Dublin.

Oneonta, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

The Ballsbridge is located rather far from the city center in a city that can be difficult to navigate, especially for non-Europeans. The hotel itself is rather shabby, there was a towel covering a hole in one column in the main hallway. The hotel charges extra for everything, from parking to wifi... And the extra charges are not cheap- 10 euros per day for guest parking! Ridiculous! The rooms were basic bordering on shabby. Our room had holes the the door and walls, my sheets were dirty, my covers had stains. The bathroom was horrible, dirty with long black hairs all over the tub and floor... And I'm a blond. Would I stay here again? Absolutely not. I found many other nicer, closer hotels. There is no need to settle for this.

Stayed February 2014
BallsbridgeGRM, Guest Relations Manager at Ballsbridge Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Bonnie P,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay however I was very disappointed to read about the problems you encountered while staying with us. We take pride in delivering a high quality product and I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Let me assure you that your comments have been noted regarding our housekeeping practice and will be used as a training tool for the future.
I do hope that you would consider returning to us when you are next in Dublin so we can provide you with the true quality service that we strive to achieve daily.

Kilkenny, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel many times and recently was surprised to discover that they did not have my details on their system. Checking in -especially after a busy and tiring day - can often be trying. In my case my business model is such that sometimes it is not possible to book ahead as the work can be quick and easy allowing me to head home or long and difficult (I am a researcher) requiring an over night. It did seem to take quite a while to complete the checking in formalities, longer than I have experienced in other hotels and in fairness in this one also on other occasions. Apart from that whine the remainder of the experience was good to acceptable. Some of the room standards were noteworthy - the bathroom door could not close being the most surprising. As I was on my own this did not matter but on an other occasion ........ perhaps

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Ballsbridge Hotel? Share your experiences!