“Fantastic for the price” 4 of 5 stars

You added Ballsbridge Hotel to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pembroke Road | Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, Ireland   |
Ranked #113 of 177 hotels in Dublin
Adare, Ireland
“Fantastic for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Stay a lot in dublin hotels, fantastic value for money.
Small rip in the sheets, but i seen that in other hotels.
Upgraded to the Towers for 10 Euros when checking in, well worth it !!!
PS nice staff and manager ;)

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

864 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed here at the begining of February for a rugby international. Close to the ground,reasonable price for such a busy weekend.Great atmosphere in the Hotel provided you are a rugby supporter!Plenty of bars put up in the lobby etc.Comfortable room but was unable to control the heating -it was really hot.
Breakfast in the morning had a great selection but the buffet style hot food was not hot enough. Most hotels have the breakfast laid out and it is not that difficult to get the temperature right.
reception staff were excellent and helpful in trying to get our room available as soon as possible after our lunchtime arrival.There was plenty of parking space which for us was no extra charge-not sure if that is normal or not.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
TulaneManagement, General Manager at Ballsbridge Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Duffo

Thanks for your feedback and we're delighted you enjoyed your stay so much. Apologies that the breakfast buffet was not hot enough, I have passed on your comments to the Food and Beverage Manager and we will make sure this doesn't happen again.

We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Spent a Rugby weekend at this Hotel and I must say the atmosphere was brilliant. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful with local information. Only drawback was my room was net to the lift which made things a little of bumps in the night. Breakfast excellent. Only really downside is that the accommodation, only can comment on bedrooms on 7th Floor, is a bit tired on the decor. Perhaps either remove or replace the net curtains, spoil first impressions. Generally speaking, would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear The hunter C

Thanks for your feedback and we're delighted to tell you that we'll be refurbishing our bedrooms this year.

We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I got a good deal on the hotel as I was staying over a weekend when the Aviva was not in use. When the rugby is on this hotel is very, very busy and crowded with supporters. As it was, there was still a decent number of people with several retired groups and families with children. It struck me as less of a popular destination for the single business traveller such as myself.

The hotel is situated in Ballsbridge , D4, which is a short bus ride away from the city centre. The bus price seems to range anything between 1.65 and 2.15 depending on what driver you get. It was the same service and same time each day so I still have no idea which is the correct fare. At weekends the buses are not always terribly frequent so it requires a bit of organisation if you want to get into town quickly.

I had a very pleasant stay at the hotel itself. It has a nice location and is especially convenient if you are driving.

The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom has a bathtub which is a nice addition. Hairdryers, tea&coffee facilities etc. all provided. WiFi was available but as with several of the older Dublin hotels, it is chargeable, which was a bit of a pain for me while on business travel.

The bar/grill serves up to 10pm and was quite busy. Good helpings and very tasty but on the expensive side.

Breakfast was not included in my deal but available at around 10EUR and includes a choice of continental or cooked. The food was of good quality and staff were pleasant and helpful, serving coffee and clearing away promptly.

There is car parking but the free spaces left were under some large trees. There is a sign which explains clearly that if you park there, you run the risk of bird dirt. We couldn't see another handy space so we went for it and, believe me, the sign does not lie. I've never seen anything like it. It wasn't the ideal souvenir of our stay but it was a lesson learned - heed the signs. They are there for a reason!

Room Tip: Avoid a room near the elevator shaft as people tend to congregate and talk outside your door while w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear mermaid109

Thanks for such a detailed review. We hope you will stay with us on your next visit to Dublin

Western Ireland, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed here for one night. Room only. Was in Dublin for a few busy days and was very tired so just needed somewhere to relax, eat and sleep! First impression was actually okay. The lobby was nice. The rooms were a bit dated but clean at least. But I spent most the time wrapped under the blanket as the room was cold. Infact the hotel in general I felt was cold. There was some lovely seating areas...but again too cold to sit in them. We then went to the bar for food. We wanted to go to the restaurant...but its seems there wasnt one, just the bar and bar menu. My boyfriend is a Chef and I am a waitress. Not that this is really important but speaking from experience, our experience in the bar was awful! First off my boyfriend asked for a lucozade, the waiter was foreign ( Which I have no problem with) except that he wasnt very well educated regarding the menu or the drinks as he told us that he never heard of lucozade and they didnt have it!! We got one in the bar about an hour before that! When we told him this, he asked us to spell it for him! I got chicken and my boyfriend got Steak. The chicken was ment to come with some sort of rice, so i asked for mixed veg on the side for us to share. When it arrived, the chicken was served with potatoes and veg. When i say veg i mean asparagus... and aspargus only! Nobody came to check us so i had to get up and go to the bar to see if the side of mixed veg was coming. About five minutes later it arrived....some brussel sprouts and...yes another huge pile of aspargus. I ate none of it. My boyfriends steak was cooked ok but was small. Nothing special at all. Four star? A different waiter cleared our table. He didnt speak at all! He just walked off. So this ment we had to get up again and go to the bar to order some dessert ourselves. It was served in silence again! Extremely poor customer service. Training definately needed. We were both in Shock. So shocked we didnt even say anything. We just wanted to leave. As we didnt eat much of the food...we got a take away later that evening. It was so tasty!! We got back to the room and jumped under the blankets again to warm up! Checked out early the next morning. Didnt say anything about our bad experience, just wanted to get on the road. If we were staying more than one night we certainly would have mantioned it. I couldnt deal with that all over again! Also €10.50 is a bit steep for one nights parking! Iam sorry to say i Would most definatly not return. It was actually one of the worst experiences in a hotel ive ever had! Its a shame. We really just wanted to relax! Reception staff were nice!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 92mac

We were very disappointed to read about your experience at our hotel. The accommodation and bar management team have been made aware of the issues and will be looking at staff training to make sure all issues mentioned are resolved.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Lovely clean hotel, very reasonable stay as booked with flights, however the hotel is further from the city then it states on the website which makes for a long walk or expensive public transport!

Staff are very knowledgeable about buses and airport transfers etc too.

Stay away from the cooked breakfast, tasteless scrambled egg (cold) and bacon that tasted of the smell of pig!!

• Stayed February 2013
yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have just returned from a four night stay at the Ballsbridge Hotel and can not praise the hotel, senior manager Donal Meehan, the Dubliner staff and the girls we dealt with on reception enough. Having read some of the previous reviews I truly did not know what to expect. Walking in I was greeted by the senior manager Donal Meehan who was not even on reception! He waved and gave me a cheery "hello" which was a wondeful personal touch. On opening the bedroom door I was again unsure of what to expect with the previous complaints I had read. The room was exceptionally large, clean and warm. The bathroom was top standard too. Yes the water was hot but in my book that has always been a plus!!! Do I need to keep banging on about how impressed I was with everything? Maybe I do to undo some of the pettiness of comment that has preceded me. Right next .... breakfast .... delicious, good value, amazing choice. Dubliner Pub .... wonderful evening meals and although visiting family managed to eat there twice. Gluten free toast, rolls, bread all served up too so no need to avoid any of the selections on the menu. Great service from the guys who served us too... remembering all the gluten free bread, extra salads, chips and cream on the icecream of my Dad who has a full set of sweet teeth! I think that at this stage I should also mention that the weekend I stayed was the weekend of the Ireland v England rugby match. The hotel was operating at full throttle full of supporters. They handled the situation with such professional ease with no queues for seating at breakfast, extra bars were set up for the supporters to take the pressure of the Dublin Bar and even a great barbeque was set up outside to nourish everybody after the game. Yes I would totally recommend the Ballsbridge Hotel as ideal for a Dublin stay but if you do not like hot water and a super big warm bedroom then maybe you need to look elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
TulaneManagement, General Manager at Ballsbridge Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear EmeraldVal

Thanks so much for your detailed feedback and we're delighted you enjoyed you stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Ballsbridge Hotel

Been to Ballsbridge Hotel? Share your experiences!