“Hotel in a great location.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Ballsbridge Hotel to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pembroke Road | Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, Ireland   |
Ranked #108 of 174 Hotels in Dublin
Ennis, Ireland
“Hotel in a great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed in a family room for four nights recently, the room was a decent size and got all the
basic things right apart the heating system. The room was on the cold size and had to get
electric heater from Reception. Breakfast was very good and found Staff friendly and
helpful. The hotel is located five minutes from Landsdown Dart Station and the Number 4 or 7
bus from outside Hotel will bring you into City Centre . To get back you can get either bus on
O,Connell Bridge . The Journey time is about 10 minutes.
There is a few nice Pubs and Restaurants nearby as well as the Aviva Stadium .
Shame there is car park charge for Patrons which is not on the booking fee

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed here for one night for the Ed Sheeran concert. Hotel looked very nice from the first step i made in the door, the girls at reception were very friendly and helpful, but it went all down hill when I saw my room. The rooms are completely old and dull in comparison to the first impressions I got of the hotel. Rooms disappointed me from stains in the bathroom roof which looked like mould, a so called hand dryer that was glued to the wall in the bathroom nd they were passing it as a hair dryer and to the musky smell that first greated me. Other than that water was warm shower worked and the bed was comfy. The most disappointing factor was that guest had to pay a separate charge if they wanted to pick up wi-fi in their rooms. Not what I expected but if your STUCK for a place shur why not!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
TulaneManagement, General Manager at Ballsbridge Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Finn M

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I have spoken to our Accommodation Manager about your room. I'm glad to inform you that we are getting a bedroom refurbishment this year so if you choose to stay with us in the future I'm certain you will find our product meets your expectations.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Have stayed here a few times, and always had a great time. Beds are very comfortable which makes it difficult to get up in the morning but it's worth it for the fry! Delicious pork sausages and scrambled eggs. The girlfriend loved the bath and walk-in wardrobe!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I am a 58 year old Australian female. I slipped and fell and broke my shoulder on my holiday and had to have emergency surgery. I stayed at this hotel for two weeks after my surgery, and found everything about the hotel absolutely wonderful. The rooms were spacious and luxurious. The beds were extremely comfortable, and the rooms were scrupulously clean and serviced to perfection daily. The staff would bend over backwards to help me at all times. The food was delicious. The location is very central. A great selection of restaurants can be found a pleasant 5 minute walk away, and Grafton Street is a pleasant 20 minute walk away. I intend to stay here every time I come to Dublin. I would not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Monaghan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed in the Ballsbridge towers 3 nights over NYE, the room was great size had everything you would need. Bed was comfortable, water temperature and pressure was great in the shower. Great buffet Breakfast in the morning even though it was manic in the morning of NYD. I had a bit of an issue on my arrival but the recetionist gave me free parking due to the complication. I had an issue at the bar where i had ordered a sandwich, my sandwich was gaven to another guest by mistake, and I was left waitng for another sandwich, I did get an apology but I still had to pay 12 quid for a sandwich and a diet coke which I thought was a little steep.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
cork
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Comfortable Hotel room was large, bed was a bit too hard and it was very difficult to close the room door. Tea & Coffee in the room was welcome. The breakfast was a disaster, the bacon and sausages, were burnt to a crisp in the hot plates, watery scrambled egg, inedible black and white pudding!!!! The Bar was a big let down. It was a Thursday night only 8 people there including us 2, no atmosphere. It took me about 8 minutes to get the attention of one of the young barmen, When I did get served I was addressed by 'or you ok boss'!!! The price for a pint of Guiness and a pint of Bulmers was €11.30!!!!
€5.20 for the Guinness and €6.10 for the Bulmers!!!! NO wonder the Bar was nearly empty.
When I got my Guinness it was in a Murphys glass!!!! I asked the Barman was this a Guinness he said Yes, 'in a Murphys glass' he replied Yes and laughed!!!! Needless to say we had only 1 drink. At prices even above Paris/London rates, you wonder are the management aware of the recession?
There were 4 US tourists near us having a few pints, I'd love to know what they thought of paying approx $8 for a pint? No wonder we have problems enticing tourists back.

Room Tip: The Bar & Restaurant are very pricey, ask for your Guinness to be filled into a Guinness glass!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
missdebosiom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The hotel is was impressive on checking in and certainly the price was very appealing. The rooms however, although clean and functional need a major renovation. The towel rail and loo roll holder were hanging off the walls, the mattress was hard and the rest of the furniture was very aged. The hair dryer in the room kept overheating after a couple of minutes so couldnt be used. The show was really unimpressive although again clean.

The room doors were heavy and could hear doors slamming for most of the night.

The breakfast food is good but the service is extremely disorganised. We waited one morning for 15 minutes before we received tea or coffee and even then I had to ask repeatedly. A good hotel if you are looking for a budget hotel with good transport links into the centre but if you are looking for a special occasion then I would suggest that you pay a little more for more luxury.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
TulaneManagement, General Manager at Ballsbridge Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear missdebosiom

Thanks for your comments and I'm delighted to inform you that we are planning a bedroom refurbishment this year. We hope you will stay with us on your next visit to Dublin.

Kind regards
John Clifton
Ballsbridge Hotel

Been to Ballsbridge Hotel? Share your experiences!