“great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of O'Neills Victorian Pub & Townhouse

You added O'Neills Victorian Pub & Townhouse to your Saves list
O'Neills Victorian Pub & Townhouse
3.5 of 5 Guest house   |   36/37 Pearse Street | Dublin City Centre, Dublin 2, Ireland   |
Offers & Announcements
Free room upgrade
Ranked #53 of 163 Dublin B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Waterford, Ireland
“great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

great location for a city break with excellent value for money ! very friendly staff , only downside is that the bar was closed on the sunday(nature of the beast) and we had to ring to be let in ! but the friendliness made up for the 5 minute wait!! a very homely and warm establishment! would certainly stay there again!! =)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Gerry N, Owner at O'Neills Victorian Pub & Townhouse, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully we will see you here again sometime.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I celebrated NYE 2012 in Dublin.
It was the second time I visited Dublin and I stayed the same place as the first time I was here. At O'Neills Victorian Pub & Townhouse.
It was bitterly cold but the people I met made me feel warmer. That was true for Dublin in general as well for O'Neills pub. O'Neill is always friendly and helpful. He made sure that I was ok before he left for his own new year celebration. And the kitchen was open again the next morning.
I enjoyed staying in Dublin for several reasons. The pub was one of them.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your kind comments and we hope to see you again someday in Dublin .
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

First, yes, you get what you pay for...in Dublin...in January... Overall for under 100 euro a night and the location you are to everything- you can't get much better. However, as an avid reader of trip advisor and a person who deals everyday in hotel sales and customer service, I was very excited about stayin at o'neills- due the reviews and to it being over a pub, atmosphere, etc. I could be wrong but to stay at a bed and breakfast, one has an expectation for friendly warm customer service. That was not the case here. I know the 'brothers' are busy- but if you are running a b'n'b- then I think you need to hire some friendlier staff that are around a bit more. After calling a few weeks prior to arrival- followed up by an email letting them know that we were taking a red eye- we showed up to nobody answering the bell- as we stood in the rain for over 20min- I finally asked some nearby workers to help me find someone- which they did and promptly found Gerry to let us in. Gerry checked us in quickly and did allow us to get a room immediately to try and get some sleep- which we did greatly appreciate. I had added a 3rd nite stay which they did not have in their system and Gerry told me that they would probably have to move us for our 3rd night (which they did to our dismay). We knew we would prob never get up early enough for brekky so I can't comment on that- also- being that it was January- I guess that's their 'painting' month- the whole place stunk of paint which didn't help with our jet lag. Also their were no singers at the pub the entire time we were there since it was an 'off' month- however, when we did get back to our room on the Friday night- we did hear Irish singing coming from the pub... It would've been nice to know that that was happening beforehand...all in all- for the money we spent, it was ok. Again- it could've been due to it being off season but we have decided to book another hotel for our 1 night layover in Dublin in 2 weeks for a cheaper price and hopefully a new Irish experience...no offense Gerry...

• Stayed January 2013
Gerry N, General Manager at O'Neills Victorian Pub & Townhouse, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comprehensive review which helps us remedy things that we may not notice ourselves. I apologise that you were left waiting outside on your arrival as we were busy preparing breakfast for guests at that particular time and did not hear the doorbell. I have asked our maintenance man to install a louder bell to avoid this happening again. I'm delighted you appreciated getting your early morning check in, it was still dark outside and you both looked exhausted so I offered you the only available room I had, which unfortunately has been painted the previous day.

We pride ourselves in our appearance and repainting our rooms in January is an unavoidable annual event for us. This is our quietest time of the year so it makes sense for us to do it at this time. We always use low odor paint where possible, and we also reward guests who stay here then with our lowest room rates of the year at €59.00 per night. I apologise for moving you but I mistakenly thought you might appreciate changing to a room that had no paint odors.

The music on the Friday night was an impromptu affair of which we had no prior knowledge of, so even if you had let us know that you liked Trad Music, we could not have informed you in advance, . I hope your stay with us was not unduly spoiled by any of the above and hopefully you may give us another try when in Dublin again
Carmarthenshire Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

visited this fab pub a few times during our week in dublin recently.

it was well located in the city and had cheaper beer prices compared to temle bar pubs.

had a sandwich there for lunch which was good value, and the rest of the menu looked good also.

this pub was recommended to us by the driver that brought us from the airport, and worth while the mention.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My mother and I shared a twin room in this B&B for four nights. The room was clean and bright. Lots of homey touches. Breakfast was cooked to order and very tasty. Friendly pub downstairs with good food. The O'Neills really made us feel welcome. Highly recommend this pub.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the house are quieter on the weekend.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Gerry N, Owner at O'Neills Victorian Pub & Townhouse, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and I am so glad that you and your mother enjoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure to host both of you and we hope in the future to welcome you back to O'Neills Pub & Townhouse .
ALBERTA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The concept of ordering food & drinks was a little confusing. Let me make it easy for you, so you can go enjoy the INCREDIBLE tasting Irish Comfort Food!! Simply go to the front bar and order your drinks, find a table, the go down stairs to where you can see the food and order from the line up, you must pay for you food here. there are no tabs. The food portions are massive and really really delicious!! A MUST VISIT!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
blackpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Great customer service offered by the manager. We had to pay for a triple room (2 of us), as that's all that was available, however the manager changed us to a twin room on arrival and threw in complimentary breakfast both mornings to compensate for the higher price. A much appreciated gesture and a truly excellent breakfast. We didn't experience any noise problems at all and we were on the main road and slept with our window open both nights. Great location and lovely spacious rooms with good public facilities - lounge and use of small kitchen for tea and coffee. Just in case anyone was wondering (as we did) towels and shampoo are provided in the bathroom.
Highly recommended - thank you for a great stay.

Room Tip: We had room 2 - very spacious with lovely period features.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Gerry N, Manager at O'Neills Victorian Pub & Townhouse, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we very much hope to see both of you back here at O'Neills again someday.

Been to O'Neills Victorian Pub & Townhouse? Share your experiences!