“Friendly staff , average food.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Parnell Heritage Bar & Grill

The Parnell Heritage Bar & Grill
72-74 Parnell Street, Dublin, Ireland (Formerly The Parnell Heritage Pub & Grill)
+353 1 878 3380
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #61 of 1,820 Restaurants in Dublin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Parnell Heritage Pub & Grill completely renovated (2012) situated on Parnell Street, D1. (Across the road from Irelands oldest maternity hospital. The Rotunda.) We aim to mix new-age interior with old Irish charm. We also boast Parnell streets only roof top bar serviced by elevator. We offer a varied food menu with emphasis on Irish produce and traditional dishes. We have also taken the time to create a mouth watering cocktail menu. We will be hosting cocktail classes with our resident mixologist on a weekly basis to give you the opportunity to learn the flares of the trade. All live sports fixtures will be shown on our Big screens. All major GAA fixtures. Keep up-to-date with all our current offers here and feel free to get in touch for bookings of any kind.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff , average food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The rooftop terrace bar is a boon in hot weather and was busy and lively when I visited with a large group of friends during the heat wave in July 13.
Staff are helpful and friendly. It's a pity there are no views from the rooftop , but just to be able to sit outside in the sunshine was good.
The Parnells Beef in Guinness is beautiful , very tender and tasty accompanied by a delicious creamy mash. However Caesar salad with chicken and bacon was a disappointment ; only one sliver of bacon and a tasteless dressing which I wouldn't have recognised as Caesar if I hadn't ordered same.
Lovely atmosphere and worth a visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Rhuddlan, United Kingdom
“a Trip Adviser special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was near to our hotel so we decided to walk round the corner to it. What a great pick!!!!! Lovely staff, gorgeous food and drink, nice atmosphere. So good we came back on our way home from the Michael Buble concert for a nightcap. Will definately come back next time.

Visited July 2013
Santa Monica, California, United States
“Fantastic food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

After having to deal with surly waiters in Spain for the last two weeks this place was wonderful. The waitress who greeted us told us we could sit wherever we wanted and was extremely kind and attentive. I ordered a tuna melt appetizer and my wife ordered Goats Cheese Bruschetta -Tomato & black olive concasse with basil pesto & melted Goats cheese. Both were so delicious. For the main course I had traditional irish stew and my wife had fish and chips. The fish was lightly battered and the chips were thick and scrumptious. The tartar aioli sauce made it even better. The stew was rich and hearty with extremely tender lamb chucnks. All of this food including a beer for only 40 euros. A great deal in my opinion considering how delicious the food was and how great the service was. I will definitely be coming back here when I am in Dublin again and now understand why this place is rated so high on tripadvisor with over 192 reviews.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Great for Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We missed brekkie at the hotel on our first morning so decided to venture out of the hotel. Turned the corner and saw the A-Board for The Parnell and walked right in. Breakfast Menu was plentiful and the Bacon and Eggs with toast was scrummy. Washed down with a lovely POT of tea and all for 5.50 Euro!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seixal, Portugal
“Great atmosphere, service a bit slow, food is good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I went by myself to get some dinner in two different days and I've notice the service was slow, not to receive the food after you ask for it, that actually is an ok time but to talk with the waiters (to get a table if it's full or to ask for more things while eating), they don't tend to pass much near the pub area (which also has lots of tables to have dinner).
The food is also really good, at least the homemade beef (I think it was beef, could be another word), but the penne carbonare lack of bacon flavour. The lemon cheesecake was delicious too. The waiters and bartenders were all very nice. I love the atmosphere of the place to have dinner or just to get a drink, is lovely!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere