“Never Fails to deliver great food, atmosphere and value!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #88 of 1,820 Restaurants in Dublin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Bakeries, Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Lovely Food Co is delighted to bring Gourmet-Cafe Dining to Terenure Dublin. Brought to you by a multi award winning team we focus on the freshest local food, our team prepare in-house daily to deliver an extensive range of fresh homemade products to our customers. Whatever we don’t produce in house is sourced from some of Ireland's upcoming artisan suppliers.Opening Hours Monday 8:30am until 5pm , Tuesday to Friday 8:30am, last orders 9:30pm, Saturday from 10am with last orders at 9:30pm, and Sunday from 10am until 5:00pm.
“Never Fails to deliver great food, atmosphere and value!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

The Lovely Food Co offers great menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food is gorgeous and never fails to impress. Staff are always friendly and there's a great atmosphere. Cookery school demos provide a real fun night!!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dublin, Ireland
“The grand food company!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

This restaurant blows hot and cold in every sense of the word. Be careful if you visit on a winters evening as the wind will cut through you every time the door is opened. Which is quite often as it happens as the kitchen staff regularly have to go out the front door through the dining area to go upstairs to get supplies. The staff try very hard to be friendly, at some times a little too saccharine but too be fair, it's a pleasant change to the dull service in many places in the area.

As for the food, they have some nice dishes but the best ones go quickly. Good sandwiches at lunchtime but the dinners are only ok. I've been several times over the past year and each visit I haven't been bowled over and at least 1 of our party has been less than satisfied with their meal. They used to do a very nice breakfast but the last time I was in there it was clearly reheated and just not as good as it used to be.

One final bug bare is the tables are too small for their crockery, the plates cups, saucers and teapots are all too big for the tables, combined with teapots for each person that orders one, a bottle of water, glasses.. There's just way too much on a tiny table. Each time I've been I've asked the staff to take things away so we weren't so crowded.

In short I'd love to say its lovely and they do try very hard but I'm afraid it's not as good as it pertains to be and I really do have to question a lot of the reviews on here. 4 stars it ain't I feel generous with 3!

Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely food, good coffee but bad atmosphere.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I pop in here for a takeaway now and then, because the food and coffee are fantastic but would be very unlikely to sit down- nor have I ever been tempted to. Noisy, messy and far from relaxing.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin
“room too small”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We felt like we were interupting someones dinner. The tables are too near and we nudged people either side of us all night. The food was ok - nothing memorable for the price. Nice staff who struggled with waiting on the tables because of the smallness of the room

Visited March 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“The Lovely Food Company is simply Lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Theres not many restaurants that make you feel at home on your first visit, but the service provided by Margaret alongside the wonderful food made us wish we lived nearer just to visit more often. My husband's starter of prawns was to die for (the only disappointment was that he wouldn't share more of it with me!), the morrocan tangine was very moreish, and cheesecake was delicious - only wish we had room for seconds. We'll definitely be back

• Visited September 2013