“The Best Kept Secret in Dublin!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dublin, Ireland
“The Best Kept Secret in Dublin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I had the absolute pleasure of eating in Bleecker Street Café this evening. As usual the food was gorgeous and the service even better (if that's possible!) My friend and I enjoyed the benefits of being Facebook friends with the Café and scoffed our way through a three course dinner for the incredible price of 23euros. My meal included a generous Caesar salad with Chicken to start and a fantastic Chicken Carbonara for mains, my friend had the Buffalo Wings and Sizzling Chicken Fajitas, which having tasted for myself were also delicious in both taste and presentation. For our desserts we each treated ourselves to the Chocolate Brownies served with ice-cream, fresh cream and sweet strawberries. Again they were beautifully presented and full of delicious gooey chocolate goodness (or badness if you are to listen to my Mother, which I rarely do) Overall it was a 5* meal, exactly what we asked for and no less than I expected.

I was a regular in Bleecker's before I moved out of Dublin and I can honestly say in the many times I've eaten there, been for a few quiet sociables or stayed for the full nights craic I have never had a bad experience. In fact from the first time I stepped in the doors, Johnnie, possibly the most affable bar manager I've ever met, treated myself and others with me as old friends. And not in that patronising gis' your money kind of way, rather in a way I would imagine would sell shed loads for Tourism Ireland if it was bottled and given to other lesser establishments.

It's location may not be the most central, there might not be a nightclub two doors down, but I can guarantee that a visit to Bleecker's (especially if you are a visiting tourist) will be a visit worth making for a taste of true Irish hospitality, humour and of course fantastic music if you're there on a gig night, though the juke box in the corner has more than a few gems to be discovered!

On a quick note I should also say that Bleecker's make the most fabulous cocktails! As well as great food, the staff certainly know their way around a cocktail menu, something most other Cafés (and plenty of bars) couldn't boast!

My advice, get your backside down there, you really won't regret it!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

95% Recommend
arnaghcounty
“handy for gaa heads going to croker”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

wandering around before All Ireland club final on Saint Patricks day - pretty chilly - our attention was caught by sign " irish stew and pint of guinness - nine euro " {maybe 9.50}- our wandering had ended!!

warm welcome from john -good first impressions . all staff were friendly and effiicent especially Megan our waitress - great to see staff with a smile-

stew lovely an hot - meat really tender - much appreciated- my friend was driving so did not let his Guinness {inc} go to waste!- great decor - have a look upstairs - will be back soon- have t ogo at night to check out live music- special offers on window good idea

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin, Ireland
“Friendly & fantastic food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is our second time visiting Bleecker St. Last time we went was for my birthday & we really enjoyed it so decided to go back again.

Really glad to see it hasn't changed as the service is still friendly, efficient & the food is still delicious.

I ordered buffalo wings to start, my girlfriend got the chorizo and guacamole. My girlfriend thought hers was fantastic and from the taste I had I really enjoyed it too. I enjoyed the chicken wings but the only downside to the whole experience for me was that there wasn't much kick to them. The aioli dip that came with them was lovely though.

I got the bacon burger as a main & my girlfriend got the chicken fajitas. We both thoroughly enjoyed our mains. I especially enjoyed the skinny fries!

We were so stuffed (in a good way!) after these two courses that we didn't even have room to order dessert!

I think the service is a highlight, the staff are all well trained & are attentive without being overbearing just how I like it to be.

Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ireland
“Pleasantly suprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I recently ate here on a Sunday afternoon. I was really impressed with the quality of the food, there was a large party of us catered for and everyone was happy with the food.
Starter, mains and desert were all constantly nice. Service was very good too.
Only negative is the toilets could do with a bit of an update and scrub.
I would definitely return here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Great place to eat!! Great food at reasonable prices! Staff was very friendly and helpful. Food was excellent - I recommend the Chicken fajitas with some Bulmer's or Guiness.
Both times we were there it was very empty; Only one or two other tables.

• Visited November 2012