“A quiet jewel of a place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #362 of 1,863 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Vaughan's Eatery offers an alternative dining experience to a general pub grub menu. Quality ingredients are combined with award winning chefs, to create a sophisticated menu complimented by top food critics and food magazines (Food & Wine Magazine 2010, Paolo Tullio 2012, Lucinda O'Sullivan and YES Chef Magazine 2013...). These quotes capture the high standards endeavored at Vaughan's. We offer the locality fine food at very reasonable prices in a comfortable pub environment. It is the accumulation of these characteristics, along with friendly service in a comfortable atmosphere that makes Vaughan's a unique dining experience.
“A quiet jewel of a place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Visited recently on a Thursday night. Weather was gud so the place seemed quiet. Had the fish cakes and then the chicken and rocket salad. Beautiful. Thanks to William and the blond waitress. Very helpful staff.

• Visited June 2013

County Wexford, Ireland
“A Family First and A Nice Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family were visiting and we decided at the last minute to get something to eat and I thought of Vaughan's in Terenure, having never been there before I was a little anxious bringing my visitors but I needn't have worried. You wouldn't expect it from the outside but the restaurant is a beautiful light filled room which makes it a great space to relax in and enjoy delicious food. We had several menus to choose from to allow for different budgets which was great and the wine selection was reasonably priced too. We all chose different starters and mains and all thoroughly enjoyed what they had. Finger licking good. Most of us did end up picking from the main menu and it did work out a bit on the expensive side but that's Dublin prices for you. As I said we did get a special 2 course option but none of us found what we liked on that one. The staff were spot on lovely friendliness without being over the top and great service. I would definitely recommend Vaughan's and I will be back.

• Visited May 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“BEST steak in Dublin, lovely staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Vaughans 3 times now, each time I had to order the steak on the stone because it is simply amazing, everything is just perfect about it, the size,quality,presentation and it only 20 euros (comes with a side).This is top quality food for half the price of what you would pay in town. The staff are extremely friendly and can't do enough for you. It is worth the trip, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great food with a lovely 15e menu during the weekdays. Does not disappoint. The supreme of chicken would be my recommendation

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent!!!! Five Stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Visited here with my partner on Friday last 26/4/2013.
When we entered the restaurant we were greeted by a welcoming waitress.
From the go she was attentive, interested but not overly in your face.
For starters we both chose Brie cheese with cranberry on the side. I must say I have tasted this many times before but this was by far the best we have ever sampled. It was accompanied by a rocket salad. Fab!
For mains we both had the striploin steak. The steak was done to perfection (medium rare for myself and well done for my partner). This was accompanied by plenty of mushrooms and onions and the most amazing pont neuf potatoes...Never had them before..but were really tasty.
To end my partner had a french style tart..he liked it and I was lucky enough to choose the chocolate fondant...Dear God I nearly died and went to heaven!!! It was Amazing!!
Enjoyed my experience here at Vaughans and most definetly will return..Thanks to all at Vaughans Eatery.
Emma