“Great staff, and would stay there again” 4 of 5 stars

Pembroke Townhouse
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   90 Pembroke Road | Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, Ireland   |
Ranked #62 of 176 Hotels in Dublin
San Leandro, California
“Great staff, and would stay there again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

A nice, quiet hotel in a very nice neighborhood in Dublin. The staff was supremely helpful during our stay. They knew the city, and gave great suggestions on things to do and places to see. They were helpful in tracking down tours for us as well (we traveled off season, so many tours were not running).

The room was elegant. The room was on the small side, but we were really only there for sleeping, and the bed was huge and comfortable. The neighborhood was quiet, and we felt comfortable walking around in the evening and late at night. The hotel itself was very sweet. It's in a series of old Georgian townhouses, and the windows in our room were huge, and the room itself consisted of 2 floors with a huge ceiling.

Breakfast was wonderful!

It was a bit of a walk to the Center of Dublin (about 15-20 minutes), but it was pleasant, and there is convenient bus service nearby. Definitely worth the cost of staying there. Convenient parking for our rental car as well.

Loved the place, loved the staff, and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
FionaTeehan, Manager at Pembroke Townhouse, responded to this review, December 15, 2010
Dear Delvian,
Thank you so much for your review on Pembroke Townhouse, we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay so much with us and I hope we will get to welcoming you again on a return visit.
Happy Christmas and all the best for 2011 from Fiona and all at Pembroke Townhouse!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Turkish first
Athens,ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

It was a nice place once we got the right room Orbitz is who we booked thru and had a free room upgrade and it took several rooms before we got the right one and once we got it everything was good,except on the day we were going on a side tour and got up for a nice hot shower and no HOT WATER so after that every night had to make sure at midnight we had hot water. People who worked there was really helpful.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
FionaTeehan, Manager at Pembroke Townhouse, responded to this review, December 4, 2010
Dear Nicetravelor,
Thank you for writing a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Pembroke Townhouse, but I am so sorry about the water you mention, we had a problem we had been unaware of, but thank God it is fixed now.
We look forward to welcoming you back again some day.
Best regards from Fiona and crew
Roscommon, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

we were a group of approx 20 students and two staff members, and found out about the hotel from a work colleague - sure enought the hotel was exactly as my colleague had described, clean, great location, cosy, friendly, and very reasonably priced with a yummy, freshly made breakfast that even the students were delighted with! i would definitely recommend it for a school group and the next time im staying in the city myself, minus students, i will definitely be choosing the pembroke townhouse! we were treated very well, the students felt very comfortable, and the rooms were absolutely lovely!

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Dear Edeldefaoite,
Thank you for your writing such kind words. It is so good to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found Pembroke Townhouse clean, cosy and friendly.
We look forward to welcoming you back again with our without the students!!!!
See you soon from Fiona and the crew!
Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

I stayed recently with two colleagues. The rooms were great, the staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was perfect. The omlette kept me going untill lunch. One of the major pluses for me was the complimentary private parking. I will make this my new home for future stays in dublin.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
FionaTeehan, Manager at Pembroke Townhouse, responded to this review, November 24, 2010
Dear John_t_g_10,
Thank you for your writing such nice words.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and want to make Pembroke Townhouse your home from home and we look forward to welcoming you back "home" again!
See you soon from Fiona and all the team!
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

Our stay at the pembroke townhouse was i'd say average with some good points out weighing the bad ones in my eyes!!
We stayed for 3nights and received a decent enough service throughout the daytime, breakfast was simply amazing and left you full for virtually all day. The staff were always more than happy to help with your needs and enquiries.
The only downsaide we really had was some service on the nights- the lift was out of order for the whole of our stay there and included in the room deal was unlimited tea/coffee and biscuiits, the first night no problem the man brought up the tea tray with no complaints. Althought the following evening you rang down for a tea tray to be refused as the lift was out of order? Some staff would go out of their way to help and make sure you was happy, but others seemed to be less enthusiastic at times.
The room itself was very nice and spacious with a clean en suite. The room in which we stayed had a damp patch in the corner of the room which didnt seem to be addressed, but as we only slept/washed in the room we didnt see fit to complain alot about that. The sheets were not changed daily, this wasnt a problem but leaving a clearly dirty sheet on the bed? Didnt meet the high standard i was hoping for to be honest!
Other than the two or three glitches we expriencied the hotel/guesthouse would be considered for another trip back to ireland and the location itself was quite good.
As it states the hotel is only a 10/15minute walk to the town. With a good variety of shops along the road to keep you busy.
The range of shops was good like tescos, subway, pizza shops, interent cafes- you wasnt short for choice so dont worry about over packing as it is simply a short walk away for the needs/must haves!!

All in all the hotel was decent enough if you put aside the damp and tea tray, i would recemmend this to a freind, and i would return for another stay here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Dear LSO89,
Thank you for your writing a review.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and especially breakfast; and most importantly, we are happy to hear that you felt the staff were happy to help with any questions.
I am so sorry about the lift - if really let us down awfully on a bank holiday weekend and eventhough we pay for an extensive 24 hour 7 day repair service, unfortunately it required special parts, then it unexpectedly took 2 full time maintenance crew some days to fix it despite my constant daily pressurising on them to get it completed - it seemed to be a bigger job than we all expected.
I am sorry that this was of inconvenience, but moreso I apologize if that affected the tea service - I have discovered and addressed the culprit!
Once I read your review, we discovered a blocked vent in a room, thus possibly explaing some damp, which is now rectified, I am sorry about this.
I hope you will come back to stay with us some time, we would love to welcome you back.
All the best from Fiona and all the team!
dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

I have stayed at Pembroke Townhouse a number of times over the years and it never disappoints. The hotel is warm and welcoming and the staff are always very friendly. The rooms are lovely and warm and the beds are so comfortable. The breakfast each morning - and the service - is hard to beat and the hotel is in a wonderful location, just a ten or fifteen minute stroll to the city centre - or, if you prefer, the bus stop is on the opposite side of the road. Each time I visit, I look forward to the next time I'll get back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Dear nellyfandango,
Thank you for your writing such kind words, we are delighted to hear you enjoy your stays with us and most importantly that the staff are friendly and make you feel welcome, I will certainly pass that on!
We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again.
All the best from Fiona and all the crew.
Cadiz, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

Travelling around Europe has given me the chance to stay at different kinds of hotels, apartments and rural houses. Some of them were good, some, acceptable, other were really disappointing.
But my experience with them got a new dimension when I first visited Pembroke Townhouse, in Dublin. I say “first” because I have repeated the experience. And I had good reasons for it.
First of all, I must say I’m very demanding with cleanliness. But not only that: In my opinion, the hotel you stay in is a very important part of your holidays, for, who could enjoy time off, when having to come back, at the end of the day, to a shabby room? Not me, for sure.

Pembroke Townhouse is placed at a very nice neighbourhood, quiet and clean. The building used to be a Georgian House, -like many others around- converted into a nice and welcoming hotel with nothing to envy to luxury hotels. Actually, those could learn quite a lot about the way of managing such kind of business.

With the cleanliness and efficiency of some four and five stars hotels I’ve stayed in, Pembroke Townhouse offers you something you rarely can find when travelling: cordiality, nearness and all kind of details and attentions.

The rooms are spacious, bright and clean, the bathroom spotless, and the bed is quite big and comfortable. I slept like a child, and I usually have problems to do it.
You have the chance to have a good breakfast in a very spacious room, and complimentary tea or coffee and home-made cookies are available all day in a drawing room. They also bring it to you in your room, if you so wish, although I prefer the other option: Having a cup of tea in a warm room after a day of shopping and walking is really relaxing.

But above all, the best quality of this place is the staff. They’re so attentive!! Nothing is a problem when possible: We wished to stay at the same room we had enjoyed last year, and they changed us immediately. I had a stomach ache one night, and asked for a chamomile tea bag to make an infusion... and the manager came two minutes later with a tray! Exquisitely prepared, like everything in Pembroke Townhouse.

I felt like home there. In fact, whenever my husband and I were tired, we used to say: “Let’s go back home”... I had never had that feeling in any other hotel!

I’d like to thank all the wonderful people who attended to us: Fiona, Vivian, Francesco and all the persons working there. People like you make the difference.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Samania,
Thank you for your lovely and kind words, we are really so delighted to hear you enjoyed all your stays with us and that you feel the staff are asttentive and make you feel welcome, I will let them know what you said!
We are really looking forward to having you come back and stay again.
All the best from Fiona and all the crew.

Been to Pembroke Townhouse? Share your experiences!