“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 175 Hotels in Dublin
Strangford, null, United Kingdom
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The rooms are very nice, reception first rate. I have stayed here several times for business and have always been happy. The only downside would be a bit of traffic noise...but not a big deal. I would suggest to ask for a room that doesn't face the street.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
FionaTeehan, Manager at Pembroke Townhouse, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Hi Peter M,
Look forwad to seeing you again soon!
Thank you for writing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

A lovely hotel and at just £79 B&B for a one night stay this is an extremely good choice. The hotel is very clean and I found the staff polite, attentive and courteous. It's a small hotel just a short distance from the city centre. Plenty of buses and taxi available outside, for those not able or willing to walk. The lounge area is very comfortable with free tea/coffee a nice touch

However there is no bar, which is a shame. I also agree with the previous comments about Wifi that in this day and age it should be included as part of the package. Unfortunately there are no tea of coffee making facilities in the rooms, so if you want a cuppa it means a trip to reception. These 3 last points prevent me from giving full marks. However this wouldn't deter me from coming back.

Room Tip: It's worth checking when you book that you are not staying in one of the two bedrooms on the rec...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mark_Hanrahan,
Thank you for writing a review!
So glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope we get to welcoming you back again on another occasion. You know we can bring tea/coffee to your room 24 hours ... complimentary!
Kettering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here for two nights on the weekend of the Ireland vs. South Africa Rugby match. The service was great throughout. The hotel looks impressive from the outside, and the rooms are simple, clean and comfortable. The coffee and tea amenities are all included in the lounge area which was a really nice touch- very homely feel.
I did a small amount of shopping on my last day and unfrotunately left my purchases behind. We contacted the hotel and they were so helpful, sending out my things by post the next day. Couldn't have asked for more!
If I return to Dublin I wouldn't think twice about staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Helen R,
Thank you! So glad you had a nice stay and I hope we get to greeting you back again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I paid €142 euro for a 2 night stay here in a double room. The room although comfortable and clean was very small for 2 people. It was also a little on the dated side. The reception area was lovely though and for the price I couldn't complain. Any room
Service ordered was delivered promptly and staff were friendly. It was good to have a secure car park also.

• Stayed November 2012
Gham 17,
Thank you for writing and we look forward to welcoming you back again on another occasion.
Fiona and the crew!
Munich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed here recently for an event at the RDS, for 4 nights and it was super from start to finish. The price was good, although there are cheaper places in the area, I went for this after a less than fantastic experience at the large hotel opposite.

I found these guys via twitter, and they are quite social media conscious. As the conference was about new things in technology, this hotel seemed to fit in. Checkin was quick, although the lift is quite slow. The room was medium sized, with a decent bathroom with plenty of towels.

The hotel TV was probably the smallest TV I've seen in years, but then again you don't pick a hotel for it's TV. They have paid WiFi, which really should be free, I mean if you calculate the average cost per user, and tack that on the bill, but asking for €2 to access the internet is a bit like days gone by.

I've saved the best for last, their breakfast. It's a buffet style, along with some special dishes like a full Irish breakfast, or my favourite the smoked salmon & potato cakes.

Room Tip: As for a room higher up if possible.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
FionaTeehan, Manager at Pembroke Townhouse, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
HerringGull,
Thank you for writing and glad you enjoyed your stay!
Yep - I'm the twitter addict here!!!
Soem good news - we now have free wifi ...(and the small tv's are on the "to do" list quite a while...we've refurbished a few others things first which was priority).
We are delighted to like our breakfast ..we are a littel proud of that too!
I hope we get to crossing paths again on another ocassion.
Kilcock, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My darling wife booked us in for 3 nights, my big birthday present. The first pleasant surprise was free car parking, sometimes a serious issue when staying in Dublin.
They put us on the 5th floor, lovely and quiet. We unpacked & went down for a quick cuppa in the lounge. Lovely homemade biscuits, all free, nice touch.
The bed was huge, I'm sure I heard an echo. The old style TV was a bit off-putting, used to so many channels, but we didn't watch it much so no problem, however I can imagine problems if the weather was bad & we were forced to stay room-bound.
Breakfast was a revelation, so much choice, such a tasty fry-up. I think we could have had as much tea, & rounds of toast as we wanted, free of charge.
Loved it, will probably go back again, but hopefully they will sort out the WiFi next time. In this day & age we expect our hotels to give free WiFi, not €2 for an hour, €14 for a day. This is the only thing I can fault them on. It didn't matter to me as I was on a 3G contract, so didn't use it, but some children staying there were annoyed that they couldn't use the Internet.

Room Tip: Go high, quiet & nice view of south Dublin
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi murfinsurfin,
We did!!! - the wifi is free now!! You see - we do listen!!...
We are delighted you had a nice stay and I hope we get to seeing you again some day.
All our best,
Fiona et al
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My Boyfriend took me here for my Birthday last weekend. What an excellent choice, at first on the taxi drive over from Connolly station it seemed quite far out, this was not the case it was merely a 15 minute walk, and a lovely walk at that to Grafton street area. The Room was beautiful, and the bed was very comfortable. The Hotel had a lovely atmosphere and the building itself is full of character. The staff were great and the Breakfast was lovely, although a touch expensive. All in all an excellent stay. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Emma M - so glad you enjoyed .... look forward to seeing you again soon.
Thank you so much for writing.
Best, Fiona

Been to Pembroke Townhouse? Share your experiences!