“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   90 Pembroke Road | Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, Ireland   |
Ranked #54 of 177 hotels in Dublin
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I paid €142 euro for a 2 night stay here in a double room. The room although comfortable and clean was very small for 2 people. It was also a little on the dated side. The reception area was lovely though and for the price I couldn't complain. Any room
Service ordered was delivered promptly and staff were friendly. It was good to have a secure car park also.

• Stayed November 2012
FionaTeehan, Manager at Pembroke Townhouse, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Gham 17,
Thank you for writing and we look forward to welcoming you back again on another occasion.
Fiona and the crew!

491 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Turkish first
Munich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed here recently for an event at the RDS, for 4 nights and it was super from start to finish. The price was good, although there are cheaper places in the area, I went for this after a less than fantastic experience at the large hotel opposite.

I found these guys via twitter, and they are quite social media conscious. As the conference was about new things in technology, this hotel seemed to fit in. Checkin was quick, although the lift is quite slow. The room was medium sized, with a decent bathroom with plenty of towels.

The hotel TV was probably the smallest TV I've seen in years, but then again you don't pick a hotel for it's TV. They have paid WiFi, which really should be free, I mean if you calculate the average cost per user, and tack that on the bill, but asking for €2 to access the internet is a bit like days gone by.

I've saved the best for last, their breakfast. It's a buffet style, along with some special dishes like a full Irish breakfast, or my favourite the smoked salmon & potato cakes.

Room Tip: As for a room higher up if possible.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
FionaTeehan, Manager at Pembroke Townhouse, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
HerringGull,
Thank you for writing and glad you enjoyed your stay!
Yep - I'm the twitter addict here!!!
Soem good news - we now have free wifi ...(and the small tv's are on the "to do" list quite a while...we've refurbished a few others things first which was priority).
We are delighted to like our breakfast ..we are a littel proud of that too!
I hope we get to crossing paths again on another ocassion.
Kilcock, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My darling wife booked us in for 3 nights, my big birthday present. The first pleasant surprise was free car parking, sometimes a serious issue when staying in Dublin.
They put us on the 5th floor, lovely and quiet. We unpacked & went down for a quick cuppa in the lounge. Lovely homemade biscuits, all free, nice touch.
The bed was huge, I'm sure I heard an echo. The old style TV was a bit off-putting, used to so many channels, but we didn't watch it much so no problem, however I can imagine problems if the weather was bad & we were forced to stay room-bound.
Breakfast was a revelation, so much choice, such a tasty fry-up. I think we could have had as much tea, & rounds of toast as we wanted, free of charge.
Loved it, will probably go back again, but hopefully they will sort out the WiFi next time. In this day & age we expect our hotels to give free WiFi, not €2 for an hour, €14 for a day. This is the only thing I can fault them on. It didn't matter to me as I was on a 3G contract, so didn't use it, but some children staying there were annoyed that they couldn't use the Internet.

Room Tip: Go high, quiet & nice view of south Dublin
Hi murfinsurfin,
We did!!! - the wifi is free now!! You see - we do listen!!...
We are delighted you had a nice stay and I hope we get to seeing you again some day.
All our best,
Fiona et al
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My Boyfriend took me here for my Birthday last weekend. What an excellent choice, at first on the taxi drive over from Connolly station it seemed quite far out, this was not the case it was merely a 15 minute walk, and a lovely walk at that to Grafton street area. The Room was beautiful, and the bed was very comfortable. The Hotel had a lovely atmosphere and the building itself is full of character. The staff were great and the Breakfast was lovely, although a touch expensive. All in all an excellent stay. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Emma M - so glad you enjoyed .... look forward to seeing you again soon.
Thank you so much for writing.
Best, Fiona
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed here after our wedding in Ireland, it was terrible. Nothing romantic or comfortable about it. They stuck us on the basement floor, it was loud at all hours of the night, the staff was not very helpful and a little rude. We stayed at a few different hotels in Ireland and this was the worst.
Breakfast is good and that's about the only good part of the hotel.

Room Tip: Do not get the basement floor rooms, very loud.
Dear Sarah E,
Thank you for writing.
We are so sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us.
I hope we do get the opportunity to change your mind and welcome you again some day.
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I had five nights in the Pembroke Townhouse - a mixture of family tourism and business. It's a charming, relaxed, comfortable and clean hotel. The room itself was pleasant and had all relevant amenities (including, I was happy to see, a safe large enough for my laptop). The bed was extremely comfortable. Downstairs, the lounge area had plenty of comfy chairs and free tea/coffee.

The full Irish breakfast was delicious, and although the list price of 15 euros for a fry-up seems expensive, when I found out that was an all-you-can-eat arrangement, I was quite happy (and had more bacon).

Staff were helpful and friendly. Location is good - about 15 minutes walk into the city centre, and in a nice, safe neighbourhood (walking back to the hotel after 11pm didn't feel risky at all).

I think the only slightly adverse comment I'd have is that the wireless Internet, at 15 euros for 24 hours, is amazingly overpriced. They don't even charge that much in the major city five-star places I've stayed at.

Next time I go to Dublin, I'd be quite happy to stay at Pembroke Townhouse again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hi Richard S,
I hope we see you again, and guess what!? - the wi-fi is free now!
Thank you fort writing.
Warmest regards,
San Rafael, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We arrived one day late due to some airline issues, but were warmly greeted upon our arrival at Pembroke Townhouse and greatly suprised to find that not only had they held our room open (we did advise them of our situation), but they had also upgraded our room to a mini suite (at no charge) to celebrate our anniversary. We found the room clean and comfortable and the breakfasts were splendid. Just the right size. Not the super-sized, way too much food (American) norm.

The location is outside of the hustle and bustle of the tourist attractions, but yet we found it quite walkable to many places. The staff was quite helpful on restaurant recommendations both within walking distance or a short taxi ride. A word of advice on the taxis,...best option is to flag one down. If you call for one, you'll be waiting forever!

We would definitely consider going back on our next visit.

P.S. They have the best bed pillows!

Room Tip: If they have it available, opt for the mini-suite.
Dear Suzette A,
Thank you for writing and we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
Good to note, but I must say it is quite unusual what you say about the taxis - there is a problem in the taxi trade in Dublin in that there is far too many (so a hard business for the drivers)! ...only on the very odd occasion, one has to wait when there is something very big on in the city with huge numbers requesting taxis at the same time...maybe you were here during a time like that?
Look forward to welcoming you again on another occasion.
My warmest regards,
Fiona et al

Been to Pembroke Townhouse? Share your experiences!