“Great place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Waterford, Ireland
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I've been here twice, once with family and once with a group f friends. The staff were helpful and the food was amazing - much better than I had expected seeing as it in situated in a shopping centre!
Would definitely go back if I was in the area.
Also it''s a really child friendly place with a play space for the kids!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

56% Recommend
“Never again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We have visited this so called restaurant for a quick lunch and left really disappointed.
The place was really cold to begin with - you could almost feel a breeze and want to put a jacket on - not something you'd expect from an indoor place.
The waiting staff was terrible - we had to wait for about 20 minutes just to order, and the place was empty, so not like they were running around waiting other tables.
BBQ spare ribs were awful - dry and way overdone, chicken quesadilla looked like something you'd from the supermarket freezer. Chicken wings were too salty, although cooked well, but the sauce was too sour. Coke tasted diluted and was light brown in color. At the end of the meal I was quite happy that neither of us went for something more fancy - if they manage so ruin such simple dishes I am terrified to think what they would do to a proper dish.
To sum it up - in the same shopping center there are much better places to eat and with a much better value for your money too!
I will avoid this place in the future and would recommend everyone else to do the same.

P.S. Ironically, they are proudly displaying the sticker on the front door which says something along "recommended by tripadvisor.ie" - probably forgot to add the line - "to be avoided"

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Good, unfussy food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I've been so Spur a few times and I've always been happy with my meal, and this visit was no exception.

The menu is pretty good, a lot of choice if you don't want steak - although vegetarians may struggle.

Our service was excellent, couldn't fault it at all, and we were well-attended the whole night.

The food was nice, not gourmet but satisfying and our steaks were done exactly as we asked. The portions were also pretty generous.

The place was pretty busy, so there was a good buzz, but be aware there is also a kids' play area at the rear of the restaurant, so there can be a bit of noise from there.

Overall I was happy. It's not a place to go out of your way to visit, but if you're hungry and in the area it's worth a look.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
toronto
“dont waste your time or money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Went here last week for a quick bite during a shopping trip trip and was very disappointed.I used to like this place when it first opened but its gone downhill since then.The food was pretty much tasteless and looked slapped together and more disturbingly the cutlery was filthy so we had to wipe them first with wipes.I WOULD NEVER GO BACK

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ireland
“Absolutely terrible....AVOID!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

TERRIBLE service.... The restaurant is situated in a shopping centre & yet the breeze coming in the main restaurant door was awful, I was frozen. Great menu but service from our waitress, Natalie, was just the worst i have ever experienced, i actually thought she was gone on her break I hadn't seen her around the restaurant in that long & there was no sign of our food. The girl just didn't have a clue what she was doing. She started to irritate me she was that useless at her job. She brought a bottle of wine to the table next to us & never opeend it for them, they had to call her back & ask for a bottle opener, when she did bring it she told them they could open it themselves as she didn't know how to open it!!! We waited almost an hour for our main after our starter, I saw a male waiter giving orders to the other wait staff so I decided to grab his attention & call him over to our table, I told him if i didn't have my food in 5 minutes i was leaving, he asked me why so I told him why...we were in the restaurant almost over an hour and a half at this stage. Within in 3 minutes I see him literally come running to our table with our food, I actually thought he was going to fall with our food he was coming that fast.....obviously our food was sitting in the kitchen ready waiting to be served all this time. He then moved us to a different seat when he served us our main, why I don't know! he told us we could have free dessert so we decided to pick a dessert that was for 2 people & share this...this is NOT what he served us, he basically filled a bowl with ice cream & threw a biscuit in on top. Seriously avoid this place, it was such a disapointment.

• Visited September 2012