“A Middle of the road Italian Restaurant” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wallace's Taverna

Wallace's Taverna
24 Lower Ormond Quay | Italian Quarter, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland (North City Centre)
01 8730040
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #560 of 1,795 restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Italian, Vegetarian, Pizza & Pasta, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: North City Centre
Description: Traditional Italian restaurant and pizzeriaOpening its doors as La Taverna di Bacco in 2005, this prominent quayside restaurant represents the flagship of the Italian Quarter in Dublin City Centre. Locally sourced fresh foods, the highest quality Italian ingredients, an extensive wine list and experienced Italian chefs collaborate in a comfortable elegant setting to make Wallace's Taverna the complete Italian dining experience.Wallace's Taverna is a great spot for lunch, after-work happy hour, family meals, group celebrations, hanging out with friends or dining with kids! We proudly cater for coeliacs, vegetarian and we strive to meet your dietary needs. Children are very welcome – we provide a Kids Menu and entertainment to make them happy!And not to forget… the WINE! As an Enoteca we have a passion for Italian wines and more than 100 wines on the list, all imported directly from small producers in Italy.
“A Middle of the road Italian Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here a few times, the food has always been good enough, however after being back there recently i left disappinted, the menu has changed and the standard has dipped. I ordered the ricotta and spinach ravioli in a tomatoe sauce, which i would advise you to avoid! I couldn't even eat it and the waitress did nothing other than insist the ingredience was fresh, I was very disappointed with the meal and the lack of interest the staff showed at my full plate being returned. I was so disappointed at the overall experience that I won't be back again!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dear Treasin!
I am sorry about your visit and a lack of satisfaction with your dish. That day we served at least 10-15 portions of Ravioli and had no issues or complains about it at all. Unfortunately some of our customers simply do not like our certain dishes, for many reasons, usually because they are not familiar with certain ingredients (and ricotta cheese is one of them). In this case we would advise to ask your server about the ingredients before ordering. Please try to understand that we never make any problems about refunds if there is a fault from our side, but it is different when it comes to a personal taste only.
My apologize again for any inconvenience caused.

68% Recommend
Dublin, Ireland
“Great first Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I am a bit shocked to see so many negative reviews about both the service and food. I came here on Saturday evening and really enjoyed the whole experience. Myself and my friend only had a main course and wine but we both thought the food was gorgeous. I was in another Italian restaurant on Friday and the quality was nowhere near as good as here. The wine menu has an excellent selection too. There was none left of the one we ordered , but the waiter suggested a similar one and it was lovely. I would 100% recommend coming here and I look forward to going back again soon.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
, Manager at Wallace's Taverna, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you very much for your review Jenchanted!
“Great Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

Surprised by the reviews, went here last Wednesday with 3 colleagues, the place was busy.They have a great pizza deal where you get a free pizza with every bottle of wine. I opted for a spicey salami and a bottle of house red, the wine was good, pizza was fantastic, the best I've had in years! Everyone left happy and the bill very reasonable. The only negative was the service could have better but we'll be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Jonathon12345!

Thank you for your review. We are also surprised by the reviews to be honest, as the majority of our customers compliment the food and wine and very often come back.
I'm glad you mentioned the pizza - it is made by qualified Italian pizza chefs!:-) The pizza deal is still on by the way (Mon-Wed ALL DAY).
Regarding the service - I would like to apologize. Unfortunately it is hard sometimes to provide the best service we can - especially when it gets busy on days and times you don't expect...

Thank you again and hopefully see you soon in Wallace's Taverna!
Dublin, Ireland
“Dont Go There”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Check it out this is an incredible story and it’s not fiction.

Unfortunately we tried this place last Saturday and let me add that I never experienced anything like this after living 5 years in Dublin.

The Brazilian waitress pretended to speak Italian (just to look cool cuz we started to order in fluent English) and at the certain point she misinterpreted “Patata” (the word that we Italian people use for chips) for “Puttana” the word that stands for s**t. She started to scream and complain with her colleagues about the totally invented insult.

We have been wrongly accused and treated like pure scumbags.

We paid (even though we took the food home) in order to demonstrate to them that in any case we normally behave/act as gentleman and we left the place disgusted.

There was no Manager picking up the invented issue and trying to handle and fix the immature mistake, but only aggressive waiters and waitresses digging down their own hole.

Very unprofessional, the food was average and just horrible horrible people serving.

Please don’t go there.

Gian Paolo

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Oslo, Norway
“good pizza but bad service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

we went here for lunch the other day, the pizza was good, the lunchdeal was good value but the service! our waitress did not offer to fix our table wich was really wobbly, she blew her nose behind the bar (right were we sat). the two waitresses stood behind the bar chatting loudly (its a small place) instead of talking in the kitchen or something. When we wanted our check she ignored us so we had to go pay at the till..

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
WallaceTaverna, Manager at Wallace's Taverna, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Dear Reiserora,

I would like to apologize for having such a bad experience in Wallace's Taverna. I spoke to the staff about the service and I hope this won't happen again. Thank you very much for your feedback, it is much appreciated.

Kind regards,