“Good value fine dining” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Good value fine dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Booked a table of 2 on a sat night. They were very busy so service was a little more relaxed than we're used to, but we weren't in a hurry and the staff were absolutely charming throughout. Ordered 3 courses for EUR 25. The food was beautifully presented and everything was prepared/cooked to perfection. Well worth a visit. We were staying at the Hilton in the city centre and it was approx 10 min drive (14 Eur in a taxi).

• Visited June 2013

Jerusalem, Israel
“An acceptable meal in a pinch.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I was staying nearby, and came with friends for a meal. The food was quite nice, though not the best meal I've had in Dublin. In fact, not even the best meal I'd had that week! But it was good clean standard pub fare, and good enough for what it was, and cost.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Went there for a birthday celebration based on reviews in Tripadvisor and we were not let down. Each course was better than the last. The service was just spot on. All 4 of us rated it higher than Chapter One and I loved my visit there. This is a must visit and we will be going back many times I think.

• Visited June 2013
“Exceptional in everyway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The service, food and overall dining experience was one of the best Ive ever had. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted by the charming Restaurant Manager and seated by a really friendly hostess. The food was out of this world ans extremely good value. The chef is outstanding, to say the least. I can not wait to return to this little hidden gem and have told all my friends to make sure to visit. You should be number 1!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin, Ireland
“Incredible in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Wow! What a hidden gem this place is. From the moment we arrived in this beautiful bistro, everything was just fabulous. The service was the best I've experienced in Dublin, or anywhere else for that matter. The starters all sounded amazing, we usually share a starter between us but they sounded too good to settle for just one so we had one each. I opted for the goats' cheese mousse and my boyfriend had the foie gras, both were fantastic. They were served with delicious homemade breads. For main course I chose the lamb and my boyfriend had the ribeye, they arrived perfectly cooked and beautifully presented. We both enjoyed every morsel and were delighted with our choices. For dessert we chose to share a lime posset. It wasn't really to my taste (a tad too much basil for me) but my boyfriend devoured it. The meal came to €90 including a bottle of wine for €32 and we felt that this was exceptional value for money. I am really looking forward to regular visits to this fantastic restaurant, it deserves its 5 star rating!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere