“Best Brunch Spot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Whitefriar Grill

Whitefriar Grill
16 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Ireland (South City Centre)
+353 1 475 9003
San Francisco, California
“Best Brunch Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Go here!

Everything here is just great! The staff is super sassy if you ask a lot of questions so be prepared to sass back! All in good fun, of course. They make great recommendations and do enjoy getting chatty. Everything on the menu just sounds good. With a group of 6 we were able to try 6 things. The pulled pork was my favorite hands down!

Pros: Super staff, yummy food, ambiance
Cons: Morning cocktails weren't good, have to make a reservation, food takes a long time to come out

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

89% Recommend
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Food even better food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Decided to visit Whitefriar Grill on Sunday 1st December with my brother and a friend. We arrived to a warm welcome and even without a reservation we were shown to a great table near the kitchen. I lovely open kitchens as you can see the food being plated up! As we were not there for a long dinner, we were expertly advised to go for the earlybird! Both options very reasonable! 2 courses €19.50 and 3 courses €22.50. We opted for the 2 course, which was well enough! I can not comment for the other two at the table but the food was spectacular!! For starters I went for the Crab meat croquettes and for the main, a pulled pork sandwich with homemade coleslaw! The pork literally melted in my mouth as I ate it. Served alongside a 75cl bottle of Estrella beer. Not my first visit but definitely not my last!!

Dublin, Ireland
“Good food, greedy waiters!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Booked a table for 6 to celebrate my graduation. The food on the night was good however, this was ruined by what happened at the end of the night.

As there were six of us our bill was subject to a 12.5% service charge which is perfectly fine. However, when I paid the bill my receipt and change was never returned. I waited for over 15 minutes before I had to request that the waiter return my receipt and the change. It wasn't simply forgotten either as the waiter who took the money was just standing around after putting the money in the till.

For me this is totally unacceptable. The waiters were given the 12.5% service charge and still felt the need to keep the remaining change. Had they have brought the change back to the table I would have left it on top of the 12.5%.

At the time I did not complain as I could see the restaurant was full and did not want to make a scene based on the poor behavior of the waiting staff. I did email the next day but unfortunatley nobody at the restaurant had the decency to reply with a simple apology. For this reason I will not return and recommend other to avoid.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Very crammed seating, even as the only people there! Tables are ontop of eachother. Set dinner for two at 55 was excellent.
However had we not got this offer the selection was very limited, even as non fussy eaters.
Steak was very fatty, sauce on ribs was awful. Chicken tandoori was nice.
Dessert was a dissapointment.
Chocolate fondue, not everyone likes dark chocolate so that ruined it.
Probably wont return.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Buzzing restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Great food, good service and loud music. Every table was full, so definitely worth booking. Food was fresh and presented well.

• Visited July 2013