“Nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Whitefriar Grill

Whitefriar Grill
16 Aungier Street, Dublin 2, Ireland (South City Centre)
+353 1 475 9003
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Got the early bird dinner from 5-6pm, 2 courses for €19.95. Amazing food and decor, also lovely staff. Will definitely be going again

St. Andrews, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stopped here for lunch, and sat at a table outside. I agree with a previous review that it could be a little crowded, fortunately there was only one other table being used when we were there. We did enjoy the food and would particularly recommend the starters of clam chowder and king prawns in garlic/tomato sauce served on bruschetta (sorry can't remember what it was called!). Staff were very attentive and prices were reasonable.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin, Ireland
“Cool, excellent value and lovely food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

My wife brought me to the Whitefriar Grill on Bank Holiday Monday. I was seriously impressed. The Decor is cool, the staff are very friendly, the food is delicious and the wine we had was so tasty. We eat out a lot but I have not been as impressed with a restaurant in ages. Well worth a visit.

Kaunas, Kauno Apskritis, Lithuania
“i just wanted to go out”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I really did not enjoy time in this place. At first, it is too small, too crowded and you could not enjoy your meal. Service was not nice. Food normal, but nothing special.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Scarborough
“Excellent in every way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I went to the Whitefriar Grill for our anniversary last weekend whilst in Dublin after reading reviews on Tripadvisor and were very pleased we did.

We booked in advance via the website as I knew it would be busy. We arrived at 7 and were taken straight to our table. Water was served immediately (without asking) and the waitress told us a list of all the specials that day.

I ordered the chicken wings for starters and 'ribs & rump' for main, both were excellent both in taste and quantity. I could not fault either in the slightest. My wife had melon and the 1/2lb burger for main, she also agreed both dishes were perfect.

Overall the experience was perfect for our special occasion and I would 100% recommend this to anyone visiting Dublin. Don't forget to book ahead as this is a very popular restaurant in Dublin city centre.

• Visited July 2013